Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal CelebrityApps/co/uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always scour the internet for apps. Just tonight I was researching the best sat nav iPhone apps to recommend one to my dad. They are expensive, it's best to do the proper research beforehand. Admittedly celebrity apps are going to be cheap, but it would be good to have a complete list in one place. Mobile search is picking up so if the website were optimised it might be ok.

A site on celebrity apps might pick up some good backlinks from the tech review sites.

Not saying it would be worth millions.

Although it seems there may be some potential value in the domain name on it's own, in reality when anyone is looking for a new app, where do they go? Either apples app store or androids marketplace.
I never have and don't think I ever will scour the internet for any app, let alone a celebrity one.

At the minute you are right, let me stress the words... at the minute. Mark my words if anyone thinks that in two years time there will be just two places to buy apps then they have forgotten how all these things are forced to open up overtime... Anyone remember the isp's... freeserve sorted all that out, itunes for downloadable music was also on it's own back then.

Most things start as monopolies then competition forces them to open up... in 2-3 years there will be app sites selling apps just like their are sites selling downloadable music.

Compared to when I first started buying app names 2-3 years ago, the landscape is massively different already.

You guys are probably right. I just can't get my head around why anybody would be interested in an app all about souless, pointless, uninteresting, "popular" role models. But then I guess I am not the target market - hence not suitable for giving an appraisal after all. :D

With this much change in the last 3 years in mind, hopefully the current "lemming" celebrity culture will die a death (no offence Aiden! :p).

Don't get me wrong, I don't advise anyone to start going out buying £x,xxx app names. Still much too risky for that kind of stuff. Whilst I'd turn down xxx for some domains, I wouldn't pay xxx for app domains at the minute but there are already a few that got away and I declined to buy a few years ago that are now being used for tv ads.

What would those be?

Mobileapps.co.uk £800'ish on Sedo 1 or 2 years ago

Looking at the site now though I'm struggling to believe it was the same one advertised but I know it was because I spoke to James about it as he owns mobileapp.co.uk

But it was definitely advertised on tv as I also remember kicking myself at the time.

100k for that, that is the bargain of the year without doubt.

Ahhhh, the 'development' strategy, a phrase often heard here and more rarely then actually seen? ;) LOL.

<joking!> :D

PS: Good Luck with name!

Lol, I know; me develop made me laugh too!

I am surprised at how much discussion and disagreement my appraisal threads get, my last 3 have helped me learn so much italian pasta, free audio books and now celebrity apps ;)

It's currently in the queue for listing on domainlore, if it achieves more than £75 then I was correct to hold out, if it doesn't I have learned a valuable lesson. I was thinking that a developer could use this for actually developing the apps for celebrities but what do I know.

On a positive note I am 6 months in, I have bought terrible names, bought ok names, sold names, built a few wp sites and have got my head around dropcatching and am in profit so all is not lost ;)

As always thank you for your comments and thoughts.

Aiden

Now at auction here

Think you were unlucky that this didnt sell Aiden. Suspect it's just down to the weird psychology of people not quite knowing what's going to happen in uncharted waters etc.....

I was looking at all things app-related last night and what is quite interesting is to go to Sedo, search for 'Apps' then sort the search results by bid volumes. There are tons of multiple bids on (in some cases quite crap) ____app domains, mostly .com at this stage but I think this shows the way things are going to go.

I suspect if you sit on this even for 6 months to a year you'll get a lot more for it!

Thanks Stella

I agree and I plan to hold onto it unless a reasonable offer comes in, learned a valuable lesson though!

Aiden

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom