Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal bouncycastle .co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have to confirm ownership before I make any suggestions ;)

Which unfortunately you have no way of doing and saying hello in the introductions area would have been polite :neutral:

I would've - but it would mean waiting 24 minutes to then post this appraisal thread!

So i thought i'd bite the bullet and go for this first :)

Hope i haven't broken rules, i'll be sure to start a thread in the Introduction section when i'm able to. :)

Sorry but you can't ask for appraisals on other peoples names and I don't know if you own it ?

it is my name, am i expected to scan my drivers license for you or something! :p

thanks for the indication, doodle!

any more?

Ok, take into consideration that most people will be looking for a home garden bouncy castle like what you but in Argos for £40 - £60, plus some will be looking for bouncy castle hire so I would hazoured a guess at around 4k

I remember this one, it was hand regged on the day it dropped 5 years ago. None of the big catchers went for it, I remember seeing it on deleted.co.uk

How's that for a memory....

No idea on price though, not my area.

I remember this one, it was hand regged on the day it dropped 5 years ago. None of the big catchers went for it, I remember seeing it on deleted.co.uk

How's that for a memory....

No idea on price though, not my area.

Bloody hell Rainman lol

Can't believe it was hand regged after dropping, even 5 years ago :shock: now what was I doing this time 5 years ago :?:

lol, nope it just sticks out because I remember seeing it and trying to reg it. But yep it's a good name.

Nope I didn't have a tag in those days, all I'll say is that it was free to reg when I put my request in and I was using 1&1. Probably was free for another few hours.

Lesson learnt from the early days.

It’s a nice name and it should only take a few hours to contact all the manufactures/wholesalers, I would target them first, then big hire companies if you wish to archive best price... I think you would find it hard to get the best price otherwise, The vast majority of the other people that hire them out firstly only rent locally or run there business as side lines (would be hard to convince they need a country wide recognition) Many singular and plural cctlds and tld’s etc have been registered but nothing done with them that always makes it a little harder to sell ... Also its one of those generics that can also benefit a lot from other words e.g. hire, buy etc, Its the sort of name that would benefit from some sort of good development… Put some leg work in 3-5 k more if you can get the right interest... If your lazy and just stick it on an auction 1 – 2 k

Last edited:
It's the kind of name that I could see reaching 10K+ with a bit of work (pro/commercial castles cost from 600-2,000 pounds+ each). There is no better name for the sector, and there are a lot of businesses either wholly or partly involved with bouncy castles. In valuation terms, there's a big "bonus" in holding THE best rather than just one of the top names for the sector, since some companies may really get a kick out of having the very best domain...

Put in a bit of development effort, get it ranked in the top 10 for searches like "bouncy castle" and "bouncy castle hire" and you could probably double or triple my estimate.

Last edited:
upside is its a very good name, downside is i would suggest 99% of the hire market, which is the biggest sector in relation to the domain are not making a deal and wouldn't pay much for the domain
some elements of the hire market are worth a fortune but the bouncy castle one seems big but made up of c owboys and part timers with a crappy white transit and a bouncy castle stuffed in back lol

so two choices. develop into a directory for people above, of which there are thousands!, most in wales. if they aren't doing bouncy castles they work on the door of the working mans :D

or

sell to a manufacturer. they will have the dosh. thats your buyer
the directory could make you say £50 a pop annually on autorenew and divide into counties and you may get hundreds signing up with a bit of work!

value, approx:

reseller: £1500
enduser/manufacturer: £10k +

Last edited:
Is there a record of what web users bought after a search, for eg they searched for jumper and bought a £69.99 jumper or an £8 jumper because I seriously think in terms of buying a bouncy castle then I reckon it's mostly people looking for 1 for their back garden like you get in Argos and early learning centre so only £40 to £60 range as compared to £600 to £2000 for a commercial bouncy castle.

thrown up a little site on bouncycastle/co/uk - i think it looks pretty sweet for a first attempt!

any more appraisals on the name?

You need to create a blank root so bouncycastle.co.uk works without the prefix www. at the moment it doesn't work and that is bad news :

Ignore this post, I typed in boncycastle.co.uk :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom