Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Service blog needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a site which I would like to add a blog page to. Anyone aware of a decent free blog code I could add? Would need to be able to style it to fit obviously.

ta

I have wordpress but not used it that much. I just want a page or 2 and not a full blown blog site, Is there no easier way?

not disputing that but isn't there a lot of pages you need to load for wordpress? and I don't need all the arhive menus etc...

I normally use blogger.com, it's free and fully hosted. No setup or maintenance, good for getting links in to your site.

Rgds

I actually want it as a page of my site so blogger not an option for me.
looks like it'll have to be wordpress or I just update an html page daily.

How complex do you need ?

Have you looked at news scripts rather than blog scripts ?

Wordpress is very easy to use. Anyone with intermediate css knowledge could make it fit in with your current design.

Wordpress is the Scripting worlds definition of 'Fat-f'ing bloaterware', and its polymorphism from simple blogger to CMS is riddled with bugs and errors when you try and get too creative. This is the same woth PHPBB/SMF they became be bloated blue whale apps that do far more useless things that the average forum wouldnt use, and the stuff a normal forum needs like attachments was one of the last things to be added heh.

The news script i wrote (and never use on there) on Welcome to Skindustrial Development's Place @ skindustrial.com took me about 3 hours to cobble together and I have used it 30x over where word press is just too much.

Micro news

This is quite nice looking simple script, the sites hard to nav as it looks like someone shot it with an adwords uzi but its cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom