Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal bikini.org.uk - offer received - pls help me value it!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Had an initial offer for bikini/org/uk via Sedo of £100, I countered it with £500 then heard nothing.

So I lowered it to £400 and buyer came back with a final offer of £150.

Would you sell for £150 or is it worth more?? I think it is but I'd be interested in other people's views.

Thanks in advanced for your time!

I have always said that a product (and I include Domains in this statement) is only worth what a purchaser is prepared to pay for it.

What I mean by that is, you may value product A at £5k however, you might not realistically ever get a buyer for it at £5k so in theory, its not worth that.

However, life is never as simple as that, there are other factors to take into consideration when setting your final selling price, these can include:

How long has the domain been parked, How many visitors does it get and probably the most important of all, how much do you want the money that's on offer?

If you are happy to wait for another offer (and believe you have a realistic chance of getting one) then hold onto it.

Alternatively, can you not negotiate where you accept their offer but send it to auction?

I would be happy to get £150 for it.

Depends if you are ever planning on developing it. Bikini from memory is a very big search volume term and the exact match domain you have would be attractive for seo.

I personally think £150 is a bit low but then again i like those sort of names,

(no one pm me a load of org.uks though :) )

Rob

I'd take it...while I firmly believe the value of keyword .org.uks will pick up nicely over the next few years, a bird in the hand...

IMO you should take it - i would have bitten there arm off at £100!!!

-Ben

I have a hunch that the transaction will fail / not happen. Have had a few of those recently. Please let us know and I hope that it does go through for you :)

prob take it unless u serious plan to develop - also bikini is the bigger search term

Last edited:
prob take it unless u serious plan to develop - also bikinis is the bigger search term

thanks all for your comments so far.

just had a look at wordtrackers database and it shows:

bikini: 6,793 searches
bikinis: 1,385 searches

i think that must affect the price????

just had a look at wordtrackers database and it shows:

bikini: 6,793 searches
bikinis: 1,385 searches

Google adwords show the following:-

exact match
bikini 90500
bikinis 60500

broad match
bikini 823000
bikinis 246000

I wouldn't sell it at £150, I'd rather hold it for a few years. I suppose it depends on how much you want to risk losing £150 if you never get another offer on it!

Grant

If you haven't already, take a look at domainprices.co.uk to compare against other sales. It would be too low an offer for my liking, but it depends on your own situation. I think it's better than £150. bikini is a high traffic term and this domain must give you a bit of an SEO advantage.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom