Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

BBRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Fire, No ended up blanking. The dyke i fish is still a bit weedy and not quite clear, wont be long though.

Winter is crap for piking, but those southern England boys, bless their cotton bivvy socks they keep on trying :wink:

Hehe, I cant get enough of it. Ive just got in from a days session piking.

Pissing down with rain and bitterly cold.

i remember when i was in a course fishing match and i caught about 30-40 roach,perch all small stuff and about an hour before the end i caught a 17lb pike and put it in the keepnet and within the hour it had eaten every fish in the net,when the guy came round to weigh them he said you were lucky you caught that pike else you would have drawn a blank for the day,i just agreed with him:rolleyes:

mark

NNH, ive heard its amazing pike fishing in Scotland. Im going to give it a go one day, im more into the carp fishing.

Heres a view from my bivvy the other day, i got absolutely plastered with mud.

http://www.goldfrog.co.uk/Cottington_Lakes-Alder-(10-11-2008)-003.jpg

i used to take a patio heater when it was cold and it cost be a bloody fortune when i put it near my suv and it distorted the paint on it .... :shock: but i would rather hunt the fish down than sit there for hours listening for an optonic to sound unless the missus is there to keep me warm :rolleyes:

i remember when i was in a course fishing match and i caught about 30-40 roach,perch all small stuff and about an hour before the end i caught a 17lb pike and put it in the keepnet and within the hour it had eaten every fish in the net,when the guy came round to weigh them he said you were lucky you caught that pike else you would have drawn a blank for the day,i just agreed with him:rolleyes:

mark

That's well funny !!!
world-record-pike.jpg

Several small fish later !!!

Last edited:
That's well funny !!!
world-record-pike.jpg

Several small fish later !!!

pike have got amazing strength and will bite your arm of clean,i landed my 17 pounder on a very light set-up i think it was only 18 hook and 2 1/2 pound strength line so i was lucky to land it.

Was the pike disqualified or did it count at weigh in ?

size 18, that's considerbily small !!!

Last edited:
NNH, ive heard its amazing pike fishing in Scotland.

Why you fishing in a wee kiddies pond?? ;) Let me know if you want to go pike fishing in the Highlands, or anyone else up for it...Its pretty extreme tho, the remotest pike fishing in the UK. You can look forward to a two mile walk into a thunder cloud valley with a 12 foot carbon pole and no cover!! :eek: I only do the midge free months now tho :rolleyes: think im getting soft!!

Why you fishing in a wee kiddies pond?? ;) Let me know if you want to go pike fishing in the Highlands, or anyone else up for it...Its pretty extreme tho, the remotest pike fishing in the UK. You can look forward to a two mile walk into a thunder cloud valley with a 12 foot carbon pole and no cover!! :eek: I only do the midge free months now tho :rolleyes: think im getting soft!!

yeah,yeah,yeah,and you do it in your t-shirt and kilt in the middle of winter and keep your food stored in yer unkept beard lol :rolleyes:

mark

Was the pike disqualified or did it count at weigh in ?

size 18, that's considerbily small !!!

that's why i didn't mention the plight of them poor defenceless minnows :roll: ,and who's considerably small,have you been talikng to my missus again lol

mark

Last edited:
God i miss fishing....,having three young kids i just haven't the time

Yes, I also have the three kid syndrome!

Happy memories of night cod fishing off Dungerness beach in freezing fog, and a tangled multiplier!

no his missus is fine he pm'd me so no wreaths to nnh's house,anyway she had a good set of lungs when i left her.

mark

sorry had to get you back nnh :rolleyes:

Yes, I also have the three kid syndrome!

Happy memories of night cod fishing off Dungerness beach in freezing fog, and a tangled multiplier!

i have never gone sea fishing,the nearest i have gone is crabbing of skegness pier,none of the kids go crabbing anymore :( ,god i sound like my dad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

☆ Premium Listings

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom