Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Ban Non Completing Domainers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Domains should not be brokered or promoted by third parties from individulals who have not honored/completed transactions:

e.g.

Buyer makes payment - Seller never sends transfer forms.
Buyer makes payment - Seller changes tag but never sends transfer forms.
Buyer makes payment - Seller does neither of the above.

We should be wanting to promote a respected place for people to buy and sell domains in a trustworthy environment.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the above problems.

Domains should not be brokered or promoted by third parties from individulals who have not honored/completed transactions:

e.g.

Buyer makes payment - Seller never sends transfer forms.
Buyer makes payment - Seller changes tag but never sends transfer forms.
Buyer makes payment - Seller does neither of the above.

We should be wanting to promote a respected place for people to buy and sell domains in a trustworthy environment.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the above problems.

I've not had the problems listed about because I am very choosy about who I buy from but I have heard stories Julian and agree with your main point.

Maybe we could have an Acorn escrow service ;)

tbh there is only a handful of folks here I would buy from

I think when you want to buy a domain from someone you can't necessarily trust yet, then there are a few things you can do to improve the chances of a successful transfer:

1) Ask for a landline phone number and say you are going to phone them to confirm the transaction - then you have them associated with a phone number.

2) Agree to pay only by posting them a cheque - then you have them locked down to a location so you know where they reside if they decide to dishonour the agreement.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

P.S. banning bad members sounds good in theory but would probably be difficult to administer fairly.

Ive had no problems here. But I have only traded with long standing and well rated members of this forum.

The purpose of the domain trader rating is to give future members an idea of how a particular member opperates. If you have problems with a member leave them negative feedback. Its very much like Ebay, would you deal with someone with bad negative feedback? No - So then eventually that member will cease to trade becasue there is no interest in them becasue of their bad reputation.

Although it may sound like a good idea, banning people based on the good will of the buyer (or sellers) own biased opinion would be very tough to administer.

Rich :cool:

morning,

Thanks guys but you are slightly misunderstning me.

I want to stop the posting of domains for sale on behalf of banned members.

its not rocket science to see the whois and realise they just being brokered..

morning,

Thanks guys but you are slightly misunderstning me.

I want to stop the posting of domains for sale on behalf of banned members.

its not rocket science to see the whois and realise they just being brokered..

I agree, if your banned your banned.

Please all stop posting complaints in the sales forums, here is the right place for such discussions. If you wonder why your comments there get removed then that is why.

I was asked by some members to allow some of the domains in question to be brokered as they were mid-discussion when the ban happened. Now it seems some of you are against this.

Whilst I am not against the principal of what you are saying, I think it would take a lot of effort to do a WHOIS on every domain posted to check against the ban list.

I am against false accounts and people posting as someone else, I will discuss with the mods what steps we can take to ensure that the brokers exist.

Admin

Please all stop posting complaints in the sales forums, here is the right place for such discussions. If you wonder why your comments there get removed then that is why.

I was asked by some members to allow some of the domains in question to be brokered as they were mid-discussion when the ban happened. Now it seems some of you are against this.

Whilst I am not against the principal of what you are saying, I think it would take a lot of effort to do a WHOIS on every domain posted to check against the ban list.

I am against false accounts and people posting as someone else, I will discuss with the mods what steps we can take to ensure that the brokers exist.

Admin

No one is saying all domains have to be checked by you or the mods, only that when it is pointed out that domains being brokered are owned by someone banned from the board, the sales thread should be removed and the person posting them asked not to. That would solve the problem in most cases.

In this example the person was banned for foul-mouthing a moderator, not for making dishonest domain sales. If this was to the contrary I would make every effort to prevent them selling anything here again.

I think they would only start regging domains in an assumed name anyway to get around the WHOIS checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom