Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal At doodlebugs request - epoint/co/uk Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Sue was also a pretty dab hand at picking domains (these are registered to Sue) - and I won't take up more than one slot asking - I know their both pretty good but thoughts on value appreciated

epoint/co/uk
wineanddine/co/uk (includes the hyphenated co.uk)

My Sue was also a pretty dab hand at picking domains (these are registered to Sue) - and I won't take up more than one slot asking - I know their both pretty good but thoughts on value appreciated

epoint/co/uk
wineanddine/co/uk (includes the hyphenated co.uk)

I would take these to both be "brandables", i.e. names that would good for someone looking to establish a brand. Given that, the best way to achieve maximum sale price is to make sure you have a page up on the domain, extolling the virtues of the name, and wait for an offer to come in. Having your own domain sales portfolio site wouldn't hurt either (maybe you already have one?).

I'd say attempting to actively market such domains is a bit tricky.

You can of course attempt to sell them on here, but then you have to accept reseller prices.

Interesting, wineanddine.com is in use, and they are doing a very good job of video marketing offers (subsequent links on a .tv domain) e.g.

http://www.wineanddine.tv/americansafari.html

Rgds

At Doodlebugs' request ? I don't remember requesting them but here goes.

epoint is 100% brandable and I think you would have to get lucky fetching £500 on this.

wineanddine again is brandable but also a known saying and I can see this as potential, with the right marketing I would say you could fetch upto 3k on this one but as Accelerator said you need to explain why it is a good coice.

I have computersandconsoles and binocularsandtelescopes both on .co.uk

Just make some sales effort and see what happens ?

Good luck :cool:

Thanks Guys - you are helping me look at my co.uk list in a different light, It's very easy to look at the same domains for many years and start to get a sort of "snow blindness"

I'm now aware how much I have focused on brandables and business descriptives rather than specific products or services - I'm not complaining as these have their value. I have been lazy on my .co.uk names but as I mentioned earlier - I really always thought of this market as secondary to the gtld coms etc.

Also lets not forget the Top domains list all your contact info including email address - so its much easier for potential buyers to fire off a quick email enquiry and as long as I have (and still do get) a couple of enquiries a month I'm happy - My last wish would be to attract the attention of the vat man by going anywhere near the rolling threshold.

Cheers for your time

Last edited:
That will be 150k per annum for the threshold, we can all make good money but we just need to sort ourselves out as in make a selling/monetising stratergy.

I always thought the figure (which had been recently revised) stood at £68k per rolling 12 months, and lets remember that includes all purchase and Sale transactions. I even discussed this yesterday with a well thought of member here - I'd love to be corrected and Find it is indeed as high as you mention doodlebug

I always thought the figure (which had been recently revised) stood at £68k per rolling 12 months, and lets remember that includes all purchase and Sale transactions. I even discussed this yesterday with a well thought of member here - I'd love to be corrected and Find it is indeed as high as you mention doodlebug

tbh mate I am going off what was recently said on Dragons den by a Dragon, I think it was Theo Phatitis ?

According to money week website you are right I am afraid :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom