Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Appraisal: skateboard-forum .co.uk, .com, .net, .org, .eu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I currently have the domains skateboard-forum.co.uk, .com, .net, .org and .eu. I planned to set up a forum last year, but I just didn't have the time. What sort of value would you put on this type of domain when undeveloped, and what sort of figure would you suggest if they were developed with users? I would be interested in your opinions as I should have a bit more time over the summer and was wondering if it would be worth developing them.

If anyone has already developed a forum some advice would be useful.

-Alex

When thinking of developing a forum there's a number of things you need to think about...mainly what is your competition and how are you promoting it? Also what is your motivation? Are you doing it for the love or to make a little cash?

I've googled skateboard forum and 4 or 5 established ones have come up. What are you going to provide that they don't? How are you going to get people to join and more importantly contribute to your forum? Are you willing to throw money at it in terms of advertising in magazines etc?

I'd have said that the looks of the forum will go and long way to selling it to members in that niche, so if you can make it look good then you could make a succes of it. Have to say none of your 'competitors' look as good as I thought they would.

If you already know people into skateboarding, get them signed up and contributing before you start promoting...nothing is worse than a forum with no posts. You'll also have to be prepared to spend a lot of time posting yourself to generate interest in topics etc.

I notice you have an ebay shop...stick a flyer in with everything you sell advertising the forum, make sure it looks good and people will probably have a look. If you then have the content they might stay.

The hardest part of starting and running a forum is getting people to join and post regularly. Once you crack that then word of mouth should take over.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Many thanks dw1973, that was extremely useful and it has got me thinking. I will definitely do my research before attempting to develop it and I appreciate the tips. I realise that there are already several forums that I would be competing with so I shall start thinking of ways in which I can differentiate myself.

-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom