Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Appraisal Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi

im totally new at selling names but purchaes the following

are they any good and any tips for a newbie would be great :eek:

groovycards.co.uk
fantastic-cards.co.uk
ibiza-clubs.co.uk
clubsibiza.co.uk
p0k3r.co.uk

don't really see any value in any of them ,hyphens are ok if you can rank them but likely to lose traffic to the non hyphenated version,replacing letters with numbers is not good practice....my opinion

ibiza-clubs.co.uk is the best, I'd say. I have no idea what a groovycard or fantastic card is..

groovycards.co.uk - This is a "brandable" name, where someone has to desperately want the particular name for their new business. There is a small chance you could sell this on for a decent amount, but you will have to be lucky. It's a fun name but quite hard to sell on.

fantastic-cards.co.uk - Very unlikely that someone would buy this hyphenated name off you. Even with the non-hyphenated the chances of a good sale would be slim but not impossible, like the first name.

ibiza-clubs.co.uk - Limited value because of the hyphen, but term probably gets traffic so you could build a site for it. Non-hyphenated would have some value.

clubsibiza.co.uk - You might get a low value sale here.

p0k3r.co.uk - I don't feel this name has value, but I'm not an expert in this type of name.

My advice to a newbie is to attempt to sell some of your names before you reg too many. The market is a great test of the worth of a domain. Also, you need to approach end users to achieve maximum value, it's generally reseller prices on here.

Good luck.

Rgds

hi,

value is detrmined as follows

1 the number of exact searches in google
2 the amount being payed for CPC on that keyword seach

these terms would not do well on that basis

saying that though groovycards might get someone who wants to build a brand in whihc case exacts as stated above is not important .... ie moonpig

but the chance of them wanting your domain is low if they are going to spend millions then they can pretty much brand anything ie fabcards or icard or whatever.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom