Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Appraisal: Eco Friendly Houses

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtm

Reaction score
There's quite a few domains I have which I've been holding back from selling and this is one of them:

ecofriendlyhouses .co.uk

Wondering what you would do with it? I've just got a nice template online that was contemplating developing. There is however a very strong site at the moment for the singular version but the two search terms have the same exact values.

Cheers
Dave

Unless you have connection with companies that sells eco friendly houses cannot see it is worth developing at present, The singular as you have said does list high, you would be competing against that so to start (I cannot see that they are making any revenue) housing market is not hot at the moment

People are interested in energy efficiency in a recession think there's a big gulf between wanting and being It's not that people don't want to do it anymore, but priorities are changing. The bottom line is, if you're worried about cutting costs, and you perceive - rightly or wrongly - that green is more expensive, people might put it on hold. Green issues, charities etc traditionally do badly in times of recession. If you were to develop it I 'd look at going more down “recession gardens” routes in which people are growing their own tomatoes, cucumbers and other veggies.etc based then as that saves monies it would be better suited
or for others, the green way of living - think reduce, reuse and recycle - is really just about being frugal either I think would be better than the house side

Last edited:
Unless you have connection with companies that sells eco friendly houses cannot see it is worth developing at present, The singular as you have said does list high, you would be competing against that so to start (I cannot see that they are making any revenue) housing market is not hot at the moment

People are interested in energy efficiency in a recession think there's a big gulf between wanting and being It's not that people don't want to do it anymore, but priorities are changing. The bottom line is, if you're worried about cutting costs, and you perceive - rightly or wrongly - that green is more expensive, people might put it on hold. Green issues, charities etc traditionally do badly in times of recession. If you were to develop it I 'd look at going more the it were more “recession gardens” routes in which people are growing their own tomatoes, cucumbers and other veggies.etc based then as that saves monies it would be better suited
or for others, the green way of living - think reduce, reuse and recycle - is really just about being frugal either I think would be better than the house side

Thanks for your reply, I don't have any connections with companies which sell eco friendly houses although I do have quite a few related domains ie. Solar Panel Installations

If people don't propose I develop this one can someone put a guide price range on the domain at the moment and advise me whether to keep this domain for the future, for example if the value will increase dramatically post-credit crunch

Keep hold of them for the next 4/5 years

I agree. Some domains are quick flippers, many are buy and hang on for 5+ years. I have a bunch of green/eco type names for vehicles, houses, holidays etc. that are for 5-10 years hence.

Thanks for your responses, Looks like I'll be holding on to this one for a while then. Might develop it to get it ranked better when I have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom