Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal 3dtelevision/televisions .co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just curious, now that the 3D televisions are about to come pouring off the production lines in real volume before the end of the month, what do you think of the current value of this little pair?

(Not looking to sell them, planning to build a nice site on them, but that doesn't stop me canvassing for opinions I guess...)

Cracking domains Edwin, but I'm still not sold on 3D in the home. I know the glasses are cooler, more comfortable than they used to be, I just find it really hard to believe your average 2.4 children household sitting in front of the TV with 3D glasses on. Having said that, the way the industry is moving, I'll probably be proved completely wrong.

I think it very much depends on initial sales. If transition to 3DTV is seen as something of an inevitability, then they could be very valuable indeed. I think you're right to hang onto them though. It may be the case that sales generated can dwarf any sum that you'd get for them right now. In turn that will elevate the value of the names.

It's so incredibly subjective of course, but I think it would be madness to sell them as a pair for anything under £10,000-£15,000 right now. IF 3DTelevision does very much go mainstream then who knows, £100,000+ . A TV isn't a cheap item to buy afterall. The value would lie in the fact that mass sales may be around the corner. I suspect that 3DTV.COM is already worth such an amount.

If 3dTV flops, then of course it would be necessary to significantly reduce any estimations based on its current potential.

Nice names, but any valuations would have probably fall into 2 categories either:

- their future potential or:
- what they are worth right now with the product just emerging.

Either way I don't personally think that they are true "category killer" domains, as search popularity and length wise they would fall in line behind either:

[3d], [3d tv], and [3d tvs] on the 3d front or:
[tv], [tvs], [television] and [televisions] on the TV front (obviously tv.co.uk ain't possible yet though).

As such I'd find it hard to put a 5 or 6 figure price tag on them, as there are other domains with massive & established sectors being sold in this price range.

Saying that, as others have pointed out, as potential money earners these sums are dwarfed by the size of the sector, something that is true of a lot of domains.

Finding the right buyer or doing the right build would be the key in this instance I think.

Best of luck,

Ty

Thanks, everyone. I guess a bit of SEO will multiply any value astronomically once the sales start rolling in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom