Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal 2 appraisals please (women singers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ! Systreg

Had a look at ur site mate, wish i could do something better than mine.

phew ! Writing this post using my phone while rocking my baby to sleep and trying to watch the news lol

Your site is looking good mate, are you going to be doing the news updates on there yourself or find a feed ?

When my Eminem site improves and i figure out how to add aff banners, maybe we could exchange links ? Upto you ofcourse. CHEERS !!!

Dont forget to also use j lo and jlo in your metatags and also in the content on the page.
Also, for each page use different meta tags, making sure that words used are also in the content on the page.
Also, rewrite the content a little so as your pages are seen as original and not duplicate content.
;)

@ Doodlebug, you'll get there in the end mate, it just takes practice and patience, many a time I have thought, sod it, this is doing my head in, so I go and do something else and them come back to the site iw as working on.

As has been said here and on another topic, do a Google search for "free templates", there are millions of them out there, once you have one saved to your computer, go to the folder where it is, right click the file and open it using notepad, edit the defualt text and mess around with the html code to see what it does, it's the best way to learn, if you go wrong, hit the undo button and try again.

@ Mibut, yeah, got jlo in the meta tags, but I wasn't aware you needed different tags for each page, I have always used the same on all pages for all sites, also wasn't aware that words in the meta tags needed to be in the content of the page, although it does always seem the way that those words will get written somewhere on the page anyway.

Also, rewrite the content a little so as your pages are seen as original and not duplicate content.

How very dare you, it's all original :lol:, normally I would rewrite/reorder duplicate content, like if it was a single minisite page, bit I can't be bothered with this site as there will be a lot of text on it to sort through, plus some other sites use the same text, and they don't seem to have been penalised for it, so I'll leave it as it is for the time being and see how it gets on with Google.

I know people do say Google penalises duplicate content, but I'm not sure to what degree they do, for example, I have a scam information website, and most of the content on there is duplicated on another scam information website I was the admin of. Now, my site was Google page rank 1 a few months back, it then fell to zero and stayed that way for a quite while, I checked it recenty and it was still zero, checked again yesterday, and it's now page rank 3, and the other scam site is page rank 4, so it doesn't seem to have affected those at all, so I'm thinking duplicate content is not so much of a problem unless countless sites are doing it.

Last edited:
How very dare you, it's all original :lol:
FUNNY !!!

Going to add more pages today and a seperate photo gallery for album covers
I am restricted on this site because it's an instant site

I see you posted at 1.30am and your online now, take it you don't sleep much ?

NB* Wasn't this an appraisal thread maybe we should move to web development or SEO optimisation lol

I see you posted at 1.30am and your online now, take it you don't sleep much ?

Nah, not been to bed yet since I got up yesterday, I often have a couple of 40 hour sessions at the computer each week, this will be the second long session in the last few days. I gave up my admin and mod positions on some websites to concentrate on domaining, I was spending about 16 hours a day online doing that and other stuff, now it's more like 18 hours every day, and here was me thinking I would have more time for other stuff now, I must be a glutton for punishment :D

lol, i spend about 18 hours a day on tinternet, i tried banning myself between 8am and 5pm but lasted half a day lol

I think we live in cyber world and not the real one ???

I tried putting a gallery on my Eminem site with different categories eg, Himself as cat 1 and cd covers as cat 2

Twice i uploaded all the photos just to only end up with a preview/thumbnail for each category
cry.gif

I will try again tonight ???

I see your collection of websites is growing everyday !!!

Hi Kass, thanks, but I was always under the impression that Google penalised sites for using the same word too many times in the meta tags, no?

The general concensus of opinion is that 99.99% of search engines pay no attention to keywords meta tags at all anymore.

Too easy to spam a site, so they go for keywords in content, especially anchor text links - make sure you use them in the body of the text to point visitors around the site - ideally with the page having the same name as the link text - eg J-Lo-Perfume.html - or whatever the highest searched terms are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom