Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal 2 appraisals please (women singers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all, I bought these 2 domains, are they worth anything more than reg fee as they stand? I thought they might be as they are hugely popular singers and well known names:

mariahcarey.org.uk
Google keyword tool: 450,000 exact
CPC: £0.36

jenniferlopez.co.uk
Google keyword tool: 110,000 exact
CPC: £0.46

Last edited:
Hi all, I bought these 2 domains, are they worth anything more than reg fee as they stand? I thought they might be as they are hugely popular singers and well known names:

mariahcarey.org.uk
Google keyword tool: 450,000 exact
CPC: £0.36

jenniferlopez.co.uk
Google keyword tool: 110,000 exact
CPC: £0.46

I think the lopez on a developed fan site would be great, would prob produce a little revenue stream and could be sold on. Carey on a .org I just dont like!! Resale as names only...maybe...but prob not!!!

Hi Nnh, thanks for taking the time to reply here and to others in this section.

I think the lopez on a developed fan site would be great, would prob produce a little revenue stream and could be sold on

That's one of my problems, I have no real skills to develop a site, I have been working on a VW camper site for a couple of days, I managed to make one page for it, then like an idiot, last night, I was going through files I no longer needed and deleted the VW html file I had been working on :oops: :mad:

I have a few domains that in the right hands could be earners, but it takes me for ever to make sites doing the html on notepad, as an example, on my fleece.org.uk site, that single page too me about a week to make, copy and pasting each individual affiliate link/image 3 times for each item and then copying the descriptions one at a time, it was mind numding.

The best I could do concerning Lopez, is what I did last night, I regsitered as an affililate with allposters.co.uk and got a simple iframe of posters and prints showing Lopez, which I can stick on a single page with a few Google ads, not sure that would earn much, though.

Last edited:
You know your limitations so work with what you have and what you can learn quickly...If you cant design and dont have the time to learn then affiliate marketing is prob not for you...so start selling!! :idea:

Hi Nnh, thanks for taking the time to reply here and to others in this section.

That's one of my problems, I have no real skills to develop a site, I have been working on a VW camper site for a couple of days, I managed to make one page for it, then like an idiot, last night, I was going through files I no longer needed and deleted the VW html file I had been working on :oops: :mad:

I have a few domains that in the right hands could be earners, but it takes me for ever to make sites doing the html on notepad, as an example, on my fleece.org.uk site, that single page too me about a week to make, copy and pasting each individual affiliate link/image 3 times for each item and then copying the descriptions one at a time, it was mind numding.

The best I could do concerning Lopez, is what I did last night, I regsitered as an affililate with allposters.co.uk and got a simple iframe of posters and prints showing Lopez, which I can stick on a single page with a few Google ads, not sure that would earn much, though.

just download a template or if you don't have any editing software then why dont you use a cms either joomla or wordpress there completely free and you can change everything online.

mark

If you get handy at developing give me a shout have some celeb names you can have for next to nowt.

If you cant design and dont have the time to learn then affiliate marketing is prob not for you...so start selling!! :idea:

Yeah, you're probably right, I'm actually trying to sell some names in the auctions/offers part of the forum, but I'm not having much luck finding any buyers. I have no illusions about domaining being an easy game, but I would love to be able to make £60 a week from buying and selling a few domains at some point, earning that much would triple my available funds I currently have to play with

why dont you use a cms either joomla or wordpress there completely free and you can change everything online.

Yeah, there are templates I can use, but I have no editing software, everything has to be done on notepad, I can't get on with software stuff, I'm not very techy with things like that, I did try using Joomla a couple of years ago, found it very clunky and couldn't work it out, module for this, module for that blah blah blah, didn't like it at all.

I looked at Wordpress a minute ago on Google, you need to download and upload it to a host, well I don't have any money to pay for hosting that allows uploads like that, and I wouldn't know how to upload it anyway, that's all that sql, php and database stuff, I don't know how to do any of that.

If you get handy at developing give me a shout have some celeb names you can have for next to nowt.

Cheers, but somehow, I don't think I'll be getting handy at developing :lol:.

You can get a free test of word press WordPress.com Get a Free Blog Here

£20 a year for the basic starter with upto 3 sites including fantastico to install wordpress, jooma, drupal, typ03 etc with 3 clicks and no hassles, none of that uploading lark until you wanna mod it.

When you need more space or bandwidth looking at £40 a year there after.

UK Hosting, Lightening Speed, and Good Support.

I looked at Wordpress a minute ago on Google, you need to download and upload it to a host, well I don't have any money to pay for hosting that allows uploads like that, and I wouldn't know how to upload it anyway, that's all that sql, php and database stuff, I don't know how to do any of that.

Hi Skinner, something else I don't like about those WordPress or Blogger sites is, they all look the same, and are just post after post with loads of text, I can't bear to read bloggy stuff

Since my last post above, I decided to grab the bull by the horns, and I have spent the last 13 hours researching and looking at Jennifer Lopez fan sites, images, wallpapers and anything else Lopez related, it was really boring looking at all those images of a fit bird :rolleyes: :p

I have also grabbed a template and started work on my own Lopez site, whilst doing the research, one thing I found is, just about every fan site has all the same copy and pasted text for bioghraphy, filmography, discography etc, so it wont be a problem getting content to fill the site, looks like I will be busy for the next few days getting the site to a point where I can get it online fairly quickly and then add other pages/images as I go along, 4:20am now, so I better go and watch some news and then get my head down.

Systreg;: you sound like me, i am looking at celeb names with intent on making simple sites based on them and putting links to poster sites/music sites.

I have never made a site in my life and tommorow i am attempting a 10 page 123-reg instant site, this cost 28 pounds per year so a stack of these would be expensive.

Hoping to get this done by Sunday teatime ???
Design for affiliate banners, Thought you could just copy and paste the code ?

I also have little money at the moment, but do you have a 9 year under your feet ? and 2 babies fighting ?
BabySlap.gif

Hi Doodlebug, yeah, code for the banners, poster/print/music affiliates should be a simple case of copy and pasting the codes, either for individual posters on pages or the bigger iframes with all the psoters on them.

i am attempting a 10 page 123-reg instant site

I think mine will also be about 9 or 10 main pages, then there will have to be dozens more pages for song lyrics, a different page for each of 3 different size screensavers, each with an affiliate link on them and so on, might take me some time to get all that done, I'll steam in to the main stuff first to get it online quicker, like you, hopefully by the weekend.

I also have little money at the moment, but do you have a 9 year under your feet ? and 2 babies fighting ?

Yeah, got a 7 year old boy who is home educated and he is a real nightmare, plus 3 mental cats who like to lay across my keyboard :roll:

Last edited:
Systreg (keep missing that t when i type your name), google hollywoodtuna and modblog they are both wordpress off the top of my head. You can get themes and templates for it. Many as as simple as upload the folder and select it from the admin menu, so doesnt have to be the same.

Also doesnt have to look bloggy.

wordpress.com will all look similar but once they are on your server they can look like whatever you want.

Doodle £37 a year with Evo (I know a plug them alot but its the only other hosting company i recommend now) you get 3gb disk space, 60gb bandwidth and ability to host 20 websites AND you get Website Builder for cPanel Hosting Provider - Perfect online sitebuilder - RVSiteBuilder :: Home this included, so for a 10 more you get a whole lotta bang :)

Oh Sys look at irfanview and gimp if your looking at handling images.

Hi Skinner, I still don't like the Wordpress stuff, even after Googling those names you posted, and it's the thought of doing something I know nothing about, so I wouldn't use it.

Oh Sys look at irfanview and gimp if your looking at handling images.

I used to have an older version of PhotoShop on my Windows ME computer before that machine died, I could do pretty much anything image wise with that software and so easy to operate it.

Now I'm on an old Windows 98 desktop that has Ubuntu Linux installed on it, God I hate Linux, pain in the @rse, it has Gimp ready installed on it, but I just can't figure it out, it looks so complicated, a while back, I saved an image to clipboard, pasted it in to Gimp, spent about 30 minutes trying to change things, couldnt figure it out at all and wont try it again, waste of my time trying to do it.

Thanks again to the ever useful Skinner, you should win most useful Acorn user award 2008.

That Evo majigabob you keep plugging lol
I will take a look at that.

Systreg, a 7 year old and 3 cats, do you want to swap some kids for your cats ? lol

Last edited:
No thanks Doodlebug, one kid is enough for me, actually, it's one too many at times :D

My mate has now made me a nice Lopez banner, and the biography/home page is complete, I had a bit of trouble with the allposters.com affiliate links, though, they displayed on the page fine, but going to the link shows all the products no longer exist :rolleyes:, but if you search her name on the site, all those products are available :confused:, so I trashed all those and redid them again using Amazon affiliate links, I have put Lopez perfumes down one side of the page, and music ads down the other side.

There are about 1000 Lopez related items on amazon, and I'll steam in to those for the store page in the next couple of days.

[edit]

A part screenshot of how the site will be looking, what do you think?

Last edited:
We have lift off, I have not been to bed at all again last night, stayed up and steamed in to my site, got the 4 worst to do pages done, so many Amazon links to be cutting and pasting and other stuff, my eyes feel like marshmallows roasting over a fire :D

JenniferLopez.Co.Uk ~ Unofficial Jennifer Lopez Fan Site is now online :cool:, only the first 4 pages on the menu work, home, biography, discography and filmography pages are pretty much done, the home page needs a bit more doing to it, just stuck that text on there for now to get it online, clicking any of the other pages will take you back to the home page, what do you reckon to the look of it?

Well done, but heres a few tips you need to change the frontpage code to the following for google to like your site and your site to be listed high for those keywords which people search for on google etc

=================================
<title>Jennifer Lopez The Unofficial Jennifer Lopez Site</title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8c859-1">
<meta NAME="description" CONTENT="The Unofficial website of Jennifer Lopez. Here you'll find the latest news, music, videos, albums, events and more for Jennifer Lopez."/>
<meta name="keywords" content="jennifer lopez, jennifer lopez music, jennifer lopez get right, jennifer lopez lyrics, jennifer lopez video, jennifer lopez all i have, jennifer lopez pictures, jennifer lopez ass, jennifer lopez live, jennifer lopez movie, jennifer lopez movies, jennifer lopez songs, jennifer lopez perfume">
=================================

the above keywords are search for over 10,000 times a month and with "jennifer lopez" keyword searched for 1.5m a month in the uk in oct.

All the best!

Last edited:
change the frontpage code to the following for google to like your site

<meta name="keywords" content="jennifer lopez, jennifer lopez music, jennifer lopez get right, jennifer lopez lyrics, jennifer lopez video, jennifer lopez all i have, jennifer lopez pictures, jennifer lopez ass, jennifer lopez live, jennifer lopez movie, jennifer lopez movies, jennifer lopez songs, jennifer lopez perfume">

Hi Kass, thanks, but I was always under the impression that Google penalised sites for using the same word too many times in the meta tags, no?

Hi Kass, thanks, but I was always under the impression that Google penalised sites for using the same word too many times in the meta tags, no?

Your welcome, i dont think so take a look at jenone.com and jenniferlopez.net both have the same words in their meta tags dont forget you not doing the following etc

jennifer lopez, jennifer lopez, jennifer lopez, jennifer lopez

i have listed for you the keywords that visitors to google uk search for so you cant be penalised for keywords that google list on their keyword tool.

Just take a look at the keywords listed on other sites on google first page
for the keyword "jennifer lopez" like the above sites and you see they use keywords with "jennifer lopez ####" many times.

Ok then, I'll go and add those to my meta tags right now, cheers mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom