Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

12 weeks still not indexed???

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should check your basic seo work seriously

This was my exact reaction when I first read this post. So many people think that they understand SEO because they got advice on some forum or blog. Since so much advice is bad it could create problems for many. I have always went went to the the sites on the first page for SEO for my advice when I was getting started, but it seems many overlook that option.

This was my exact reaction when I first read this post. So many people think that they understand SEO because they got advice on some forum or blog. Since so much advice is bad it could create problems for many. I have always went went to the the sites on the first page for SEO for my advice when I was getting started, but it seems many overlook that option.

Before you go banding about your blanket opinions on how people gain thier knowledge about SEO, I didn't get anything from some blog or forum, I am a front end developer and know enough about the basics of SEO as far as standards complient html is concerned.

I may not have your percieved "superior" knowledge of SEO in the whole(most of which is documented FREE on google webmaster documentation anyway) but as far as the fundamentals are concerned I probably know more than you do, the fundamentals of SEO are in forming proper HTML documents, not the ever changing techniches that SEO companies convince thier clients they must implement month by month to keep them on the payroll.

My simple 3 page minisite which I refer to are standards complient HTML and CSS, with all the proper heading tags, title tags, alt tags, related contextual keywords etc..

Hence my question wondering why they were not being indexed, in the end all I had to do was put a link in my signiture to get indexed in first place for one of those sites, so that pretty much puts SEO experts out of a job,............. so what am I not understanding Mr Business SEO?

Last edited:
so what am I not understanding Mr Business SEO?

SEO thread on a forum that is on lists of 'dofollow' links, therefore attracting members who post on it.

Check out their homepage links :)

Mods - ban this spamming crap perhaps?

Before you go banding about your blanket opinions on how people gain thier knowledge about SEO, I didn't get anything from some blog or forum, I am a front end developer and know enough about the basics of SEO as far as standards complient html is concerned.

I may not have your percieved "superior" knowledge of SEO in the whole(most of which is documented FREE on google webmaster documentation anyway) but as far as the fundamentals are concerned I probably know more than you do, the fundamentals of SEO are in forming proper HTML documents, not the ever changing techniches that SEO companies convince thier clients they must implement month by month to keep them on the payroll.

My simple 3 page minisite which I refer to are standards complient HTML and CSS, with all the proper heading tags, title tags, alt tags, related contextual keywords etc..

Hence my question wondering why they were not being indexed, in the end all I had to do was put a link in my signiture to get indexed in first place for one of those sites, so that pretty much puts SEO experts out of a job,............. so what am I not understanding Mr Business SEO?

Ok... For starters my website, Tucson SEO Solutions ranks on the first page of Google (us) for over 70 keyword phrases related to SEO and internet marketing such as Local SEO Services or Backlinks Building Services which both rank # 1. In fact you can verify this by visiting my blog. On the first day of each month I run a rankings report and publish it on the blog... So I believe that this qualifies me to speak on SEO related topics.

But before I ever started giving advice I tested every thing first. When I could prove things on my own sites, it was then that I would share with others. When I began the learning process I visited the top SEO sites. I wanted to get my advice from industry leaders from those that had a track record. If I had know about Google's Webmaster Central blog back then it would have been my first stop.

I am not a coder and I don't pretend to be... But when we talk SEO, now that's something that I take to the bank... if you need to be better than me... That's ok with me! I will let the facts speak for themselves.

As for your explanation you missed some very basic SEO steps in the process. You didn't submit an XML sitemap or add Google Analytics or Webmaster Tools and you didn't build any links. Heck, don't stop there be brave and directly submit your site to Google. You also failed to mention including the page description meta tag. While it will not affect your rankings, if executed properly it will enhance click throughs to your site from the SERP's.

On another point: Not all SEO companies sell useless services. We provide solutions based on the need and we do not offer any packages programs just to make a buck.

One last note: HTML or PHP has very little to do with SEO. I have seen sites with really bad code rank well. Google does not rank sites based on the quality of code.

In the end getting indexed does not mean that your website will ever rank for your targeted keyword phrases. I can only hope that you properly included them in the page titles... Of yes, and in the url's as well... Is there anything else that you would like to cover?

Last edited:
nice answer. and have to agree with this bit
"One last note: HTML or PHP has very little to do with SEO. I have seen sites with really bad code rank well. Google does not rank sites based on the quality of code."

I have sites which I know have broken tags, empty alt's etc yet i'm on page 1 of google. I'm far more concerned with content and backlinks

Ok... For starters my website, Tucson SEO Solutions ranks on the first page of Google (us) for over 70 keyword phrases related to SEO and internet marketing such as Local SEO Services or Backlinks Building Services which both rank # 1. In fact you can verify this by visiting my blog. On the first day of each month I run a rankings report and publish it on the blog... So I believe that this qualifies me to speak on SEO related topics.

Good for you, well done, though this does not mean that you have a license to presume that everyone else knows nothing about the subject just because they ask for some advice.

I am not a coder and I don't pretend to be... But when we talk SEO, now that's something that I take to the bank... if you need to be better than me... That's ok with me! I will let the facts speak for themselves..

I don't need to be better than you, but with SEO it's nor hard to pretend to be, as there are no qualification as far as I know?

As for your explanation you missed some very basic SEO steps in the process. You didn't submit an XML sitemap or add Google Analytics or Webmaster Tools and you didn't build any links. Heck, don't stop there be brave and directly submit your site to Google. You also failed to mention including the page description meta tag. While it will not affect your rankings, if executed properly it will enhance click throughs to your site from the SERP's.

Don't really need a site map for a 3 page minisite
Again google analytics not really needed for this site the affiliate reporting gives me enough info.
Meta description tag is there on both sites, as I know it's potential benefits.

On another point: Not all SEO companies sell useless services. We provide solutions based on the need and we do not offer any packages programs just to make a buck.

Glad to hear it.

One last note: HTML or PHP has very little to do with SEO. I have seen sites with really bad code rank well. Google does not rank sites based on the quality of code.

This answer makes me doubt your knowledge, and is the typical answer from someone who does not know much about coding, an HTML document is the foundation of you website, so you are saying that the title tag, heading tags, meta description, alt tags, a links, and the way they are arranged is not important?? google has to read that stuff.

For example If you put an <h1> half way down you page with loads of badly coded junk above it it will have an negative effect.

An HTML document should be totally legible and usable as a website with all CSS and images removed, therefore the structure is very important, what about accessibility for the partially sited, or the blind using screen readers, If your code is a mess then the site is useless for these people.

There are also page rendering issues with badly coded pages, un optimised images and bad javascript, no point having a top ranked website if when people click on the link the page breaks or takes 3 minutes to load.

In the end getting indexed does not mean that your website will ever rank for your targeted keyword phrases. I can only hope that you properly included them in the page titles... Of yes, and in the url's as well... Is there anything else that you would like to cover?

If you took the time to look then you would see that I have.

A final note, I suggest you learn some coding it could only improve the service you give to your customers, especially you web design services.

Regards.

D

Last edited:
nice answer. and have to agree with this bit
"One last note: HTML or PHP has very little to do with SEO. I have seen sites with really bad code rank well. Google does not rank sites based on the quality of code."

I have sites which I know have broken tags, empty alt's etc yet i'm on page 1 of google. I'm far more concerned with content and backlinks

Why is this a nice answer? and how are you qualified to agree with it?

It's funny how people would rather listen to an SEO guy who has admitted he knows little about coding (because it justifies their bad code) rather than someone who knows about coding.

It's like the people who defend using table's for layout, because they cant be bothered to learn CSS.

There are plenty of ways to get on the first page of google, but it's staying there which is hard.

[Quote}It's funny how people would rather listen to an SEO guy who has admitted he knows little about coding (because it justifies their bad code) rather than someone who knows about coding.

It's like the people who defend using table's for layout, because they cant be bothered to learn CSS.

There are plenty of ways to get on the first page of google, but it's staying there which is hard.[/QUOTE]

Folks my website still has two pages one for website design and one for redesign but I no longer actively offer these services. I have always outsourced design work thus I have little need to code or know code. I found that it was more hassle than it was worth. All the coding I do is create links and tags that really about all that I need to provide SEO.

I certainly do not know everything about SEO but I certainly am very good at obtaining high search ranking. The original question here was about getting a site indexed which should be a very straight forward process.

Here is my standard recommendations:

Don't wait until the site is built build links early. This way the SE's are crawling your site before its ready. I have done this 15 times and it has never been a problem. My first website, a house cleaning services site took four months to build by the time it was launched it had over 1400 backlinks.

It went to the first page of Google for Tucson House Cleaning Services on day 3 and it never dropped off. It was then that I knew I had a new career.

Again getting indexed:

Set up an under construction page. It should include a brief description, a paragraph or two that include your keyword phrases. Also include an image with keyword phrase in the alt tag. Also use an H1 that that includes your primary keyword phrase.

Then when you add your content later you will get that fresh content bump.

Submit your site directly to the three major search engines.
Add Google Analytics, A XML sitemap, and Webmaster Tools.

For those who think building links early is a bad idea now would be a very good time to add links to highly trafficked with high PR.

If you do these things getting indexed should never be a problem again.

After getting indexed is where the work really begins...

Again I am not a coder I am an SEO provider with verifiable results.

As for, denchomsky, you really do not need to be a coder and to have great knowledge of PHP or HTML to be good at doing SEO. I can only assume that you really don't understand SEO when you indicate that it does.

I pay people to do the coding. And while I have created pages in HTML they are nothing to brag about. As an SEO provider you learn code or you outsource. I chose to outsource. It allows me to focus on what I am good at. I would also remind you that while you can can get a degree in design it is not required.

At this point let's agree to disagree OK?

As for, denchomsky, you really do not need to be a coder and to have great knowledge of PHP or HTML to be good at doing SEO.

Agreed not neccessary but some knowledge of building standards compliant HTML documents cannot do anything but increase your SEO capabilities.

I pay people to do the coding. And while I have created pages in HTML they are nothing to brag about. As an SEO provider you learn code or you outsource. I chose to outsource. It allows me to focus on what I am good at. I would also remind you that while you can can get a degree in design it is not required.

Judging from the one working example on your website can I then politely suggest you change who you outsource your HTML coding to. Please feel free to contact me.:D

At this point let's agree to disagree OK?

Ok , but I am still right;)

Why is this a nice answer? and how are you qualified to agree with it?

It's a nice answer because i think it is. I agree with what he said. is that ok?
and as for my qualifications what has that got to do with anything? I'm stating a fact that I have some sites which have orphan tags, blank alt tags etc.. and still ranks page 1 of google. I happen to agree with him and not you.

It's a nice answer because i think it is. I agree with what he said. is that ok?
and as for my qualifications what has that got to do with anything? I'm stating a fact that I have some sites which have orphan tags, blank alt tags etc.. and still ranks page 1 of google. I happen to agree with him and not you.

Well if you have low coding standards that your choice, and the reason I asked how you were qualified to agree with it, is that you were agreeing with what I know is an incorrect statement, but you may have been qualified to shed some light on the topic and prove me wrong.....but alas, no.

Here is the results of Keyword Phrase Report that I ran on 01/01/2010. These results are a snapshot in time on how well my Tucson SEO Solutions website ranked in the Google US SERP's on that day. It should verify that I actually do know what I am talking about when it comes to SEO.

I will only publish a partial list as the list includes over 80 keyword phrases. There will be some variations from day to day and throughout the day.

Here is how it all breaks down.

Affordable Website Design Services Tucson we rank # 1

Affordable Website Designing Services Tucson we rank # 1

Local SEO Tucson we rank both # 1 and # 2

Tucson SEO we rank both # 1 and # 2

Tucson Search Engine Optimization we rank both # 1 and # 2

Internet Marketing Tucson we rank both # 1 and # 2

Website Marketing Tucson we rank both # 1 and # 2

Here is how Tucson SEO Solutions ranks across Arizona:

Arizona SEO Services we rank # 2

Arizona SEO Solutions we rank both # 1 and # 2

Chandler SEO we rank # 3

Local Internet Marketing Phoenix we rank both # 2 and # 3

Local SEO Phoenix ranks both # 1 and # 2

Local Small Business SEO Services we rank # 1.

Local Website Marketing Phoenix we rank both #1 and # 2

Here is the latest on how Tucson SEO Solutions ranks nationally:

Affordable Link Building we rank # 1

Affordable Link Building Services we rank # 1

Affordable Link Building Solutions we rank # 1

Affordable Link Building Training we rank # 1

Affordable Backlink Building we rank both # 1 and # 2

Affordable Backlinks Building we rank both # 1 and # 2

Affordable Backlinks Building Services we rank both # 1 and # 2

Affordable Backlinks Building Training we rank both # 1 and # 2

Affordable Backlink Building Solutions we rank both #1 and # 2

Backlink Building Service we rank # 1

Backlinks Building Service we rank # 1

Backlinks Building Training we rank # 1

Business Search Engine Optimization Solutions we rank # 1

Business SEO Solutions we rank both # 1 and # 2

Comprehensive Website Audit we rank # 1

Comprehensive Website Review we rank # 1

Detailed Website Audit we rank # 1

Detailed Website Review we rank # 1

Ethical Link Building we rank # 3

Ethical Link Building Services we rank # 1

Ethical Link Building Solutions we rank # 1

Ethical Link Building Training we rank # 1

Geo-targeted SEO we rank # 1

Geo-targeting SEO we rank # 1

Holistic SEO we rank # 1

Holistic Search Engine Optimization we rank both # 2 and # 3

Links Building Services we rank # 1.

Local Internet Marketing Phoenix we rank both # 2 and # 3

Local Internet Marketing Services we rank both # 1 and # 2

Local Internet Marketing Solutions we rank # 2

Local SEO Services we rank # 1

Local SEO Solutions we rank both # 1 and # 2

Local Small Business SEO Services we rank both # 1

Local Small Business SEO Solutions we rank both # 1and # 2

Local Website Marketing Phoenix we rank both # 1and # 2

Local Website Marketing Services we rank both # 1 and # 2

Local Website Marketing Solutions we rank both # 1 and # 2

Local Website Marketing Training we rank # 1

Ethical Backlink Building we rank both # 1and # 2

Ethical Backlink Building Services we rank both # 1and # 2

Ethical Backlink Building Solutions we rank both # 1 and 2

Ethical Backlink Building Training we rank both # 1 and 2

Niche Internet Marketing Services we rank # 1 and # 2

Niche Internet Marketing Solutions we rank # 1

Niche SEO we rank we rank both # 1 and # 2

Niche SEO Services we rank # 1 and # 2

Niche SEO Solutions we rank both # 1 and # 2

Niche Search Engine Optimization we rank both # 2 and # 3

Quality Backlinks Building Services we rank both # 3 and # 4

SEO Solutions we rank both # 1 and # 2

Small Business SEO Solutions we rank both # 1 and # 2

Do Follow Lists we rank # 1 out of 269 Million

Do Follow Blog List we rank # 2 out of 168 Million

Do Follow Forums we rank # 9 out of 209 Million

Do Follow Social Media List we rank # 1 out of 36 Million

Again list is only a partial list. The entire list is on my blog. Some of these keyword phrases are not very competitive and some are ultra competitive.

I will let these results speak for themselves.

An impressive list, which proves my point as your HTML for you site is valid, therefore it has helped your ranking.

You might do even better if you put an <h1> tag on your pages with the page heading in it.

Last edited:
It should verify that I actually do know what I am talking about when it comes to SEO.

Affordable Website Design Services Tucson we rank # 1

Affordable Website Designing Services Tucson we rank # 1

I will let these results speak for themselves.

Is this a wind up? :D

Are you seriously claiming to know about SEO because you rank #1 for phrases that no-one will ever search for?!?!

Is this a wind up? :D

Are you seriously claiming to know about SEO because you rank #1 for phrases that no-one will ever search for?!?!

Apparently, you have chosen to ignore the more competitive searches in this list. I believe that I made it clear that some of these are not very competitive searches. Having said that, since my primary market is Tucson and I have provided this service why would I not want to rank well for the services that I provide.

It's actually kinda funny that you mentioned these as I no linger am promoting website design work. It isn't worth the effort. But I still rank well and I haven't work on these phrases in about a year. I am actually in the process of removing these links where I can like on forums.

Since you questioned my skills lets take a look at Backlinks Building Services which produces 155 Million results in Google. My site ranks both # 1 and # 2. Does that qualify?

So let me ask you if you offered web design services and you lived in a metro area of over a million would you not want to rank #1 for the services that you prove in that city?

Since you questioned my skills lets take a look at Backlinks Building Services which produces 155 Million results in Google. My site ranks both # 1 and # 2. Does that qualify?

The number of results returned by Google has NOTHING to do with the number of people interested in that particular keyword combination (searching for it during a given month).

You can rank #1 for thousands of different keyphrases yet get literally 0 visitors total from all of those listings if nobody's searching for that particular combination of terms! Quoting the number of Google search results is meaningless, it's like quoting "hits" to measure a website's popularity. Very 1999...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom