Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Shall * I * start * a * thread * like * this * too * ?

Reaction score
In * my * personal * opinion * this * is * becoming * rather * annoying * when * overused.

(asterisks are overtly noticeable)

I find it quite helpful. Anything that adds to clarity should be encouraged.

It doesn't violate any rule, nor is it a topic that merits a thread.

I find it quite helpful. Anything that adds to clarity should be encouraged.

Real clarity would be adding the suffixes in the subject line.

It doesn't violate any rule, nor is it a topic that merits a thread.

This is the forum feedback section.

Limit such subject lines to a single comma between FQDN's or we might soon begin seeing others posting similar but with two asterisks between ** each ** word ** to ** make ** their ** threads ** even ** more ** noticeable.

Ah yes, I also receive numerous of these threads daily in my inbox. And while it gets a bit much, @keys seems to succeed with his sales, and there is some good domains sometimes. In fact, I will "borrow" his idea and apply @invincible guidelines. I have a few good names, so why not. I will of course try to limit to once a day, or once every other day.

=== SOLD ===

I.co.uk
thread.co.uk
like.co.uk
too.co.uk

£50

Please send me the transfer details

(I beat Atlas, can't believe it, must be my lucky day)

You'd be bitching lot more robustly if @keys had a separate thread for each. I find his sales posts quite appropriate - they're obviously successful and hardly egregious. You really do make it hard for yourself David.

You'd be bitching lot more robustly if @keys had a separate thread for each. I find his sales posts quite appropriate - they're obviously successful and hardly egregious. You really do make it hard for yourself David.

@aZooZa of course I would be voicing concern if a member was overtly posting domain names for sale, one domain name per thread. However on this occasion I am voicing concern because the current style is, in my personal opinion, still overtly noticeable. I applaud a member listing multiple domain names within the same thread. I also applaud a member listing multiple domain names within the same subject line. Naturally there should be a point where a member reigns it in and considers how much his or her listings contribute to the overall percentage of traffic within the forum. The use of asterisk between domain names, although they're missing the suffixes, may signal the beginning of others doing similar and selecting other noticeable symbols (e.g. % or # or &) as seperators. If members wish to do this what are the guidelines for doing it appropriately and inappropriately, I ask? If the tried and tested comma isn't going to be stuck with and mandated, perhaps someone else should go with :eek: emoji o_O graphics!

Sales will be made if members wish to acquire the domain names they find within the sales threads. There are members here who could copy this format exactly and their domain names probably wouldn't sell. It's that simple, I believe.

Last edited:
It's not nearly as annoying as the automatic, quasi knee-jerk defense of Nominet whenever a valid criticism is raised, to put things into perspective.

It's not nearly as annoying as the automatic, quasi knee-jerk defense of Nominet whenever a valid criticism is raised, to put things into perspective.

Diverting another thread onto that @Edwin. :rolleyes: If you have a specific issue you wish to raise with me then I'm perfectly happy to take it private or please begin a separate thread to avoid appearing disruptive. :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom