Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Recent Posts / New Posts confusion

Reaction score
More posts in 'Recent Posts'... but 'Threads below have not been updated' marker only visible in 'New Posts'?

So to get ALL the most recent posts.. without a break line saying where I'm up to I go to recent posts...

And 'New Posts' with the handy break line contains... ?.. Why does it miss out some posts on the forum?

I'm confused over the difference... more posts appear in the 'recent posts', but doesn't say where I'm up to....

but the line of 'Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages' appears in a list that doesn't contain all the site posts.

Je ne comprend pas

I don't get it.. Am I missing something?

Can the 'Recent Posts' have a marker put in it too?... then I won't miss a post on the forum and can keep up to date easily? .. I have incorrectly been using the 'New Posts' link as it was brightly lit with a big number that confuses me :)

Thanks!

New Posts shows you the latest posts split into "unread" and "read." groups. Both these groups are sorted by time (most recently updated threads first). The break marks the division between the "unread" and the "read" thread groups. In other words, you get all the "unread" threads first, then all the "read" threads.

Recent Posts shows you all the latest posts sorted by time (without dividing them into "read"/"unread" groups first).

NOTE: By "read" I mean that you've seen all the posts in that thread before. "Unread" means there's at least one new post that you've not seen yet.

That should explain the difference you're seeing.

Aha... Always rely on you for a good answer Edwin... Thanks

Indeed unread posts are in the 'new posts' but not the 'recent posts'....

I still think there's something missing here... but will learn to live with it!

It's probably in the way I use the site that's making it slightly less user-friendly for me than before... or perhaps it was the same way before and I just missed that!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom