Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Setup Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was going to upload an image to show you, but its still asking for a URL, and I can't be arsed to upload an image somewhere, then copy the URL here, then insert image, .....

All English for me.
Thanks for confirming, sounds like youve clicked a little button in the edit menu and not the BIG BLUE button next to Post Reply :)

Site logo, avatars and text editor icons are grainy on retina devices. Need to double up the resolution to make them crisp. Not a major thing granted, but it is a little off-putting.
I'd imagine the text editor icons are what they are but I'd support having a higher resolution logo and default avatar.

Site logo, avatars and text editor icons are grainy on retina devices. Need to double up the resolution to make them crisp. Not a major thing granted, but it is a little off-putting.

We took this on board and doubled up resolution of logo and avatars for high resolution mobile devices and retina screens, you should a huge difference if you use one of those now. I'm an android man and they are pin sharp and really 'pop' now on my Samsung s6.

Main site logo still looks a bit pixelated here on Chrome (iMac).
Assume the logo version I did wasn't of any interest as had zero response to that post.
Correct Greg. Thanks for the mockup.Read it and considered it like every comment that has been made. If we haven't implemented any suggestions then it's because we didn't agree. The desktop logo is slightly smaller today and yes we still may implement a better version for desktop, although by better I mean sharper, the big acorn will still be there I'm afraid.

Has something changed? The logo is very big when I'm logged in, it goes back to normal when I log out, see uploaded images.

Attachments

• logged-out.png
    logged-out.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 156
  • logged-in.png
    logged-in.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 153
Has something changed? The logo is very big when I'm logged in, it goes back to normal when I log out, see uploaded images.

What browser you using ? Could you clear your cache to make sure its not that.

I would have gone for a new fresh logo to match the great looking new site. I have always thought that logo looks like something you could make in m paint.

Could you both please clear your cache / hard refresh and let me know if its still like it please :)

I would have gone for a new fresh logo to match the great looking new site. I have always thought that logo looks like something you could make in m paint.

Think your self lucky, it could have been the last one that was kept :

domain-name1s.png

domain-names22.png

Ah @bens , @Systreg Are you both using one of the other variants of the theme ? If so consider it fixed in moment :)

Last edited:
Yes, back to normal now, thanks :)

We did lol. That is an all new logo.... design preference is a very personal thing and style preferences vary a lot between people.

Is there any chance you could add back in the time of the last post on the 'new posts' page?

The blue bar is ok, but i find if i leave a tab open, come back to it during the day, and click 'new posts' again, it dosen't move, and I have to try and figure out what is new, and whats ignored.

Thanks

Is there any chance you could add back in the time of the last post on the 'new posts' page?

The blue bar is ok, but i find if i leave a tab open, come back to it during the day, and click 'new posts' again, it dosen't move, and I have to try and figure out what is new, and whats ignored.

Thanks

Done, that was reverted on the default theme some time ago but totally forgot about the alternative themes :)

just interested in how other members find the changes to Acorn?

It seem's extremely quiet, maybe its me but there doesnt seem to be much of a flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom