Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

multiple posts

Reaction score
Why oh why can't people put everythink in one thread like ....

Grrrrrrr piss...me off!

Apples.co.uk
Oranges.co.uk
Plums.co.uk

Etc etc.....

It's not hard to do.... rant over

It's nice to see that people are so 'friendly' these days!

Sorry, no intention to upset anyone. As the instructions in the thread don't mention this, so didn't think it made any difference.

Now, all posts will be consolidated as advised.

It's not that people are not friendly they get sick of people posting lots of crap.if people are not sure they should ask for advice

Enjoy your day

P's if you need advice I'm happy to try and help.

I'm actually not a fan of merging 'for sale' domains in a single thread unless they are bulk or bargain basement types. If I have a few domains for sale, requesting offers, I'd like to post them in a separate thread with details etc, so nothing gets missed. However, I can understand your point, and as I've suggested before, maybe steve/adam can look at a way of limiting the number of for sale threads a member can post, either by section, or time, with increased limits for paid up members etc.

On the flip side if someone has 20 threads with the domain in the title, its easy to ignore the thread entirely and not bother looking at them if they are of no interest. If someone puts up a thread of "selection of premium domains" you are forced to look at the thread only to be disappointed in most cases.

I don't see a problem personally but a rule outlining maximum threads posted at any one time would be enough, everyone posts these kind of threads so its clearly the amount being posted at once which is the problem. Make a rule with x amount of individual sales threads per day/week............first time warning, repeat offenders get whacked....seems fair. No need to reinvent the wheel and automate everything as automation doesnt give you flexibility, moderators are called moderators for a reason.

The voice of sense and reason as usual.

The problem is when someone posts 7 threads in 30 minutes, like they did last night. Please just apply some sense and consideration, this is not digial point forums and doesnt want to be.

I think enough has been said and our new friend has got the message.

I think enough has been said and our new friend has got the message.
But don't you want to set something in place for the next member that does the same?

If you had any idea the number of things I'm trying to do at the moment :) Yes I have many would like to do's, this doesn't get close to being at the top of the list at the moment.

You should add another payment tier where only those members get to tell you how to run the forum.
Sorry for offering a suggestion to potentially improve the experience for all; I know where the door is!!!!!! :rolleyes:

@accelerator seriously dude..Im sure you read this thread, this is exactly what gets peoples goat, please dont make me get involved. No reason not to spread it out a bit is there....

gets goat.JPG

Sorry I couldn't remember if there was a multiple post rule. I had a quick look at the message at the beginning of the forum and as it said nothing I thought it was ok.

I will note for future.

Do we consider 5 as too many ? Whats the magic number ?

If the multiple posts were spread out it would look a lot less blatant. A lot of people browse Acorn using the "new posts" view, and a series of consecutive domain for sale posts sticks out like a sore thumb then. Whereas if there were a dozen new threads by other people between each one it would look a lot less grabby...

The 'old salts' here could help by simply making a rebuke by post. I just did when an OP's request for email offers were ignored. A little self-policing wouldn't go amiss sometimes.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom