Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Lowest price .co.uk transfers?

Reaction score
Over the course of 12 months what is the lowest price I would expect to see for .co.uk transfers? I can appreciate that promotions appear at certain points of the year so any advice on times of the year and certain registrars that offer regular discounts would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

It is worth becoming a nominet member (one of payment of £500+VAT and then roughly around £50py) if you have a large number of domains. Transfers are free for Tag holders (otherwise £10+VAT) and standard reg is around £3.90+VAT

LCN.com seem to be cheap if you are looking for a registrar.

Last edited:
In my experience, .co.uk/.uk transfers are free from most registrars. They shouldn't charge you anything except renewal costs I believe. All you do is set the tag for your new registrar at the old one and then transfer the domain in. I've personally never been charged to transfer. [i've not got a tag yet myself but will be looking at it in the new year]

.co.uk/.uk transfers should be free (Nominet doesn't charge anything) and are free with most registrars.
Unlike a .com, you don't get an extra year added when transferring a .co.uk/.uk to a new registrar.

I would recommend:
yay.com/domain-names/pricing/ or
netistrar.com/prices/domain-names/

Nominet charge £10+VAT for direct transfers. Some registrars seem to charge this as well (but I don’t believe they actually pay) and it doesn’t even add a year to renewal.

Porkbun is around £4.70/yr renewal and £4.50/yr registration for .co.uk domains, with no VAT applicable. Next closest is Netcetera at £4.68 + VAT or Dynadot at £5.28 (No VAT).

Transfers are free, but like others said it won’t add an additional year like a non-nominet transfer does.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom