Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

iPhone X

Reaction score
2F39D240-A151-4CBC-A65A-2FA1B7A98EAE.jpeg
I’ve not bought one (yet). Just walked in to take a look.

I moved away from iPhones last year, they just don't impress me anymore, and at £1,200, neither does this one, especially with the huge bite out of the top of the screen. Doesn't compete with the S8+ imo.

I moved away from iPhones last year, they just don't impress me anymore, and at £1,200, neither does this one, especially with the huge bite out of the top of the screen. Doesn't compete with the S8+ imo.

Not liking my Samsung s8 actually. S6 was better in some ways.

I just can't get over the notch. I don't think Apple of yesteryear would have released something so ridiculous.

Apple fanboi's, not woken up to the reality that Apple are no longer an innovative company and always a year or two behind, and then have the cheek to charge over a grand for a phone with a chunk missing out of the screen :D :D :D

The last generation of iPhone I really liked the look of is the 7/7 Plus (and that’s speaking as a long-time Apple user)

Change for the sake of it isn’t always - or even often - good. At least the 7 series phones were “more of the same thing but faster (and with a better camera) but now there’s pointless stuff like the wireless charging gimmick, and the facial recognition. Apple seem to be quite happy to charge the Koolaid-drinking fans through the nose for those sorts of gimmicks.

What I’d love to see is another iteration of the iPhone SE along the same lines, ie simple, compact, cheap-by-Apple-standards... and very very powerful.

Will probably get one but next year sometime when my contract is due, Normally get mine as the new one comes out so always a generation or two behind. But I use mine as a phone and not a fashion accessory so the toss up of spending a grand or getting it for £100 as a part of the contract renewal is an easy choice.

Most contracts end up overcharging you for the phone, though, compared to paying for it in full and then going for a sim-only deal. The worst can cost you hundreds and hundreds of pounds more.

Most contracts end up overcharging you for the phone, though, compared to paying for it in full and then going for a sim-only deal. The worst can cost you hundreds and hundreds of pounds more.

You know....I hadn't actually realised how cheap a SIM only deal was until I just looked on the Vodafone website. Based on my current usage/plan, I could get a sim-only deal for £16 a month.

Having said that I get 20% off contracts ( now potentially 30% next renew ) https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-advantage-nhs/ as any friends of family who work for the NHS can give their referral discounts for up to 5 people.

So I think I pay around £36 a month which isnt far off most Android contracts I wouldn't of thought, but androids are not my thing.

I won't bore you with the details but in the last four weeks, 3 of our iPhones have died and I've discovered that Apple support has changed for the worse since I last used it.

The short story is I've spent nearly a month ringing Apple daily, arguing but getting nowhere and after the experience I would rather use tin cans and string than give Apple another penny.

I used to just buy the phones outright from Apple, claim the vat back and put a Sim in myself. Much cheaper than paying monthly on a 2 year contract.

Last phone I got was the 7 Plus and gave my daughter the 6 Plus. Must admit Ive not been tempted to upgrade since. I just dont see the benefit. I do quite like Samsung phones but now just cant be bothered with the hassle of swapping over.
£1k for a phone is just crazy though!

It may be worth buying from John Lewis for the longer warranty, since Apple so rarely discounts anyway.

£1000 for a phone the world has gone mad.

I've picked up the 256GB phone, expensed and VAT reclaimed and although it's expensive it's not just a phone.

It's a portable computer, media player, video camera, stills camera and business tool.

We run a local news website so we are able to broadcast from the phone, post articles up, manage our social media profiles etc. Yes we're part of the Apple eco system but for us the phones just work and help us do what we need to do every single day!

As an aside with 2 small children it's great for capturing memories of what we get up to as a family!

The phone won't be for everyone I grant you but that's what a free market is all about!

I've picked up the 256GB phone, expensed and VAT reclaimed and although it's expensive it's not just a phone.

It's a portable computer, media player, video camera, stills camera and business tool.

We run a local news website so we are able to broadcast from the phone, post articles up, manage our social media profiles etc. Yes we're part of the Apple eco system but for us the phones just work and help us do what we need to do every single day!

As an aside with 2 small children it's great for capturing memories of what we get up to as a family!

The phone won't be for everyone I grant you but that's what a free market is all about!
I had a 5S 3 years ago which did all of those things just wait next year they will take the top notch off and brand it as a legendary step in mobile innovation starting price £1500 . But hey if you can afford it I say why not? Good on you! whatever makes your Job easier I guess is a small price to pay in the "Business Sense" for me Buying the phone for personal use is a bit hard to justify for business makes a lot of sense so agree with you there. Care to mention your site ? Anyway Wish you all the Best .

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom