Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Can we have a dislike reaction option?

Reaction score
The current "optimistic" option is fine for domain threads, but there's no way to express disagreement.

I want an "you're an ars$ehole" reaction, but I'm not going to hold my breath :( (This isn't aimed at you Martin).

I mean in general, lets not be so polite, some people need it blunt, and "dislike" isn't enought,

Probably not an option because it doesn't encourage anything positive. If something is disliked, better someone explains why it is disliked and then if others agree with that they "like" it.

I suspect it would be very regularly clicked with certain contributors. :D

I suspect it would be very regularly clicked with certain contributors. :D

I'd like a "No idea what you're waffling on about, probably because you were drunk when you posted you silly old coot" button and perhaps a "Shouldnt you be getting back to your day job rather than posting this?" button too. :)

Initially I would agree with you David, who thought I'd ever say that again :p the problem is that it would lead to all out open war, where as a simple "you're about as much use as an appendix" button is swift without the war.

Last edited:
Perhaps also a "Oh God, not this question *again*. Why can't you simply use the forum search function?" and a "Spending time in coffee shops posting irrelevant drivel here because you've nothing to do during the daytime while all your friends are at work isn't a solution to the loneliness" button. Okay I'll get my coat. :-D

There's a thumbs up, so lets have a thumbs down.

Or just steal @invincible avatar :)

I'd like a "No idea what you're waffling on about, probably because you were drunk when you posted you silly old coot" button and perhaps a "Shouldnt you be getting back to your day job rather than posting this?" button too. :)
I like these, but we don't have many who post drunken rants at 2am anymore, which is a shame, they were always entertaining.

I like these, but we don't have many who post drunken rants at 2am anymore, which is a shame, they were always entertaining.

There are the ones that seem to get up at about 11pm and go to bed at 10am. Whether they're drunk or not, don't know. Probably the only property in the street with the lights on burning away all night and supermarket carrier bags of "empties" out the front on bin day though!

Although I view some of the posts on this forum as for entertainment purposes and sometimes post accordingly, it does make me wonder about it all at times. Surely there are better things one could be doing, or is there not? :)

Although I view some of the posts on this forum as for entertainment purposes and sometimes post accordingly, it does make me wonder about it all at times. Surely there are better things one could be doing, or is there not? :)

Touche, posting at this time on a Saturday night haha. I guess a bit of everything does you good.

Touche, posting at this time on a Saturday night haha. I guess a bit of everything does you good.

If I were going out on a Saturday night it wouldn't be this early. As it happens I'm not tonight. Then again with smart phones there could be temptation to post from where ever one is. I'm sure you're often posting from bed @ian-d!

I've added a disagree button (as opposed to dislike). It's technically a neutral rating rather than a negative one. I'm not promising to keep it if all hell breaks loose :).

A "thanks" might also be of use. :)

I've imagined various things for domainers, usually involving a bus and a cliff

cliff.jpg

"Cliff Richard was this year's special guest on Acorn Domains' annual coach trip to Margate."

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom