Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal xboxgames.co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

New here and looking for advice. I have xboxgames.co a domain that I have no time to use or develop.

I tried using Sedo to sell this but they are telling me that there is a trademark infringement. I sort of like understand their reasoning, however I also see this as a phrase and unless there is copyright or trademark on the phrase then there shouldn't be an issue.

anyway just becasue they won't sell it for me doesn't mean that it cannot be sold.

I have no idea on its value and was wondering what value you guys would place on this. I know it's only worth what people are willing to pay, realistically I'm looking for a price that would sell it quickly.

Thanks for looking.

Hi,

New here and looking for advice. I have xboxgames.co a domain that I have no time to use or develop.

I tried using Sedo to sell this but they are telling me that there is a trademark infringement. I sort of like understand their reasoning, however I also see this as a phrase and unless there is copyright or trademark on the phrase then there shouldn't be an issue.

anyway just becasue they won't sell it for me doesn't mean that it cannot be sold.

I have no idea on its value and was wondering what value you guys would place on this. I know it's only worth what people are willing to pay, realistically I'm looking for a price that would sell it quickly.

Thanks for looking.

£0 - yes it is subject to TM infringment. Yes, it can still be sold but only to someone else with no sense or ethics.

Typos only have value if they get high traffic - your name doesn't so still £0.

There are enough decent names out there not to have to touch pointless stuff like this - just look hard enough and you'll find them.

It's worth nothing, Xbox is a trademark owned by Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/About/Legal/EN/US/IntellectualProperty/Trademarks/Usage/General.aspx

Company, Product, Service, and Domain Names
Do not use or register any Microsoft trademark, including Microsoft logos, symbols, icons, or any potentially confusing variation thereof, as part of your company name, trade name, product name, service name, or domain name. Do not place your company name, trademarks, service marks, or product names next to, or combine them with, a Microsoft product name.

OK thats cool. I genuinely purchased this to put together a gamers website, I never had the time, I spend far to much time actually playing the games than having time to build a site for gamers. I'm sort of glad:
a) I didn't spend to time developing it only for it to be taken down!
b) I didn't waste time on any other trade marked spending spree !

Thanks anyway guys, was worth a punt. I do have another domain that I have had no time to develop and I'll post this seperately. That'll be my lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom