Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Why so few spotlight auctions on DL?

Reaction score
I keep checking in on DL, and see very few domains making it to the spotlight section... there just seems to be a lot of meh domains in the "Hidden Gems" section... or is it just me? (As in domains that just make me go "meh")

I know not all domains are going to be to everyones "tastes" but still...

Is it just the time of year?

Half term from next week staggered for the next 3-4 weeks, so I'd imagine the main sellers/buyers are holding back, or away. Happens at key times throughout the year.

Plus end of the quarter and also year-end for quite a few businesses.

Maybe there's other factors too playing a small part. Is there a @Federer effect? Are some people doing a little bit of outreach instead of just sticking their domains on Domainlore and getting £50 or even worse going unsold?

I've sold two domains in the past 7 days for £500 and £150 that I'm almost certain would have gone unsold if I'd have put them on Domainlore.

Yes, I'd like to shamelessly plug domainmanage.uk - so if you are being proactive, you could do worse than investing the price of a pizza in a commission free, credible looking domain sales page and platform that will manage offers.

Ah yes, fair dos, thanks guys. That would explain why there is a lot less traffic on my drive in :)

As a non-native English speaker, Denys isn't always the sharpest tool in the box to spot all the right spotlight candidates, bless him.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom