Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What's the most amount of money a business can spend at your company today?

Helmuts

AcornDomains.co.uk
★★★★★
Reaction score
Hi guys, a random question...

What is the maximum amount of money a company/person could call in today and could actually spend today with you, buying a service and/or products, from your company?

.. what is in the stock, and available right now?

.. let us leave the domain names, or selling the whole business out of this, please.. something from your business menu..

I was watching this video, and I am starting to question myself on my top-top pricing..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

.. made me think..

My maximum (when honestly trying to see myself from the side):
Currently (for 6 months) chasing a risky but a high potential 50k EUR deal (have all the parties alligned - just can't close it). And the deal has the stage 2 deal for the next 50k EUR the same day + 45-50k EUR to get the whole package. And that is it > would not probably have balls to ask for more..

For the Domain Summit 2025 > would not have courage to ask for more than £200-250k (to run it at Excel). To compare, the budgest of the largest domain conference that gathered 2.5k people was around $200k, if my memory serves me right.

For forum sponsorships > probably wouldn't have balls asking for more than $50k for 1 year (25k Platinum for each forum). And, in reality, this would pay only 3-4 months wage for a star programmer (not even a year).. the keyword here is "star programmer"

This just puts things in different perspective.. is the pricing in our head of of the main limiting factors? .. and the desire to give stuff away for free for people just because we like them, we want to look great in the eyes of peers/relatives of friends?

===

@BG what about you? .. really curious.. if a person you knew and liked/respected really called you up now and asked: "Barry, what is the maximum money I can spend with you", what would be your answer?

@Ryan Ewen .. what about you?

@ELIFE-MZ hi :) you are a successful guy (really respect it).. what are your thoughts of it? how do you get over this?

.. this reminds me a large hosting company coming to me last year and saying they can take the header banner at Acorn for £70/month :) .. tx, God, my mind was a ok, and I didn't take that stupid low-ball offer. .. we wouldn't be able to afford anything here..

@MapleDots hi Frank, how about you? .. what is the maximum sponsorship a person could buy today at dn.ca? .. if you don't mind sharing

Hi @Steve Wright, what about you buddy? Or is this informational classified? .. also, I am really curious, what is the most amount a company you have worked in (or owned) has paid to an employee? ..

I want to add my thoughts on this matter!

In more than 10 years of selling media, I've learned that you must be ready to sell VIP packages because sometimes, out of nowhere, these big clients appear and want to do big business.

I will share two stories, one from a good friend and one from mine:

1. So, this friend of mine launched a pretty innovative SAAS. One day, he woke up to find out that one of the two large global beverage companies had purchased a plan. He didnt expect anything like that, so he didn't design any ENTERPRISE plan, and the client purchased what he saw available on the pricing page.

Ultimately, he spent a lot of time onboarding this client, doing paperwork, handling NDAs, and handling multiple support requests. All these corporate expectations were on a $200/plan when this should have been at least $3K/mo. At least he got the client in his portfolio and a nice case study :)

2. My story involves having a conversation with the brand manager of a pretty big hosting company later on. She introduced me to the company's co-founders, who told me right off the bat: Look, you have the decision factors in your face. Tell us your proposal. At that moment, my biggest plan was something a little over $2000, but that deal could have been easily, at the very least, a $8-10K one. In the end, we did more business over time, yet I still learned my lesson.

So, @Helmuts, I would like to say you spend quite the same amount of time to close a $10K deal or a $200K one; just the people we deal with are different, or, as you say, our limitations to selling the right product/service to the right people at the right price.

And as I enter sharing mode :), I want to add something about perceived value. Last year, one of my servers, where I still keep some important clients who trust only me with their data, went off. A kernel error was something I couldn't fix; they couldn't work for hours, which was a big issue.

I went to Upwork to find someone competent to help me with that, signed NDAs, allowed him to work through my VPN only, and fixed the kernel for about $100 in one hour of work. How much would I have paid to get that fixed? $700+;

The issue was critical, so for me, it was about finding someone competent I could trust, not the cheapest option.

Of course, I big-time bonused the guy, and now we work together on advanced stuff, but in the end, it is about deciding if we want to be the ones who fix the kernel or the ones who recover failed critical IT systems. The work is the same.

@MapleDots hi Frank, how about you? .. what is the maximum sponsorship a person could buy today at dn.ca? .. if you don't mind sharing

Well, I'll keep this easy and tell you that you can buy rams.com for 8 million given that players get up to 42 million dollars on the football team.

That aside, I don't run DN.ca for profit, its a tool for the members and I'm happy to break even if it allows members to make a few bucks.

Well, I'll keep this easy and tell you that you can buy rams.com for 8 million given that players get up to 42 million dollars on the football team.

:) Makes 100% sense.

And as I enter sharing mode :), I want to add something about perceived value. Last year, one of my servers, where I still keep some important clients who trust only me with their data, went off. A kernel error was something I couldn't fix; they couldn't work for hours, which was a big issue.

I went to Upwork to find someone competent to help me with that, signed NDAs, allowed him to work through my VPN only, and fixed the kernel for about $100 in one hour of work. How much would I have paid to get that fixed? $700+;

The issue was critical, so for me, it was about finding someone competent I could trust, not the cheapest option.

Of course, I big-time bonused the guy, and now we work together on advanced stuff, but in the end, it is about deciding if we want to be the ones who fix the kernel or the ones who recover failed critical IT systems. The work is the same.

Thank you.. really makes sense..

My thoughts were in a totally different dimension.

--

The Grant Cardone video made me reflect on myself from a different perspective. Do I really have something valuable and available right now (apart from my LL ccTLD collection) that could turn my life upside-down?

And the answer is - probably not. I don't have a top-tier product that sells for movie-like figures.

And, of course, you can't sell what you don't have. It’s impossible.

On the contrary, I have to admit that in reality, I often offer my time and services for free or at significant, unreasonable discounts—even when companies with large budgets approach me.

@MapleDots Hi Frank, if you don't mind - how do you make your money? Are you a full-time employed? If dn.ca isn't a business, what pays your bills? You don’t have to answer :) I know the question is quite personal. .. apologies for going personal..

I keep noticing that there are many companies in our industry that frequently claim they don't have money. And the worst part is, in most cases, that's true.

How can a business owner feed their children, pay bills, and rent their family home if there's no money? How to grow a business if there's no money? This will inevitably affect their happiness.

The question that was triggered felt more like an existential crisis :D :D

Good day all! H

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom