Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What RSS forum feeds are available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its possible yes, but I would have to tell you the forum numbers (since I convert them to SEO friendly tags).

Is there a particular forum(s) or do I need to list them all?

Admin

I hadn't thought about that, I changed them so they aren't visible by guests (and therefore Google etc.) as members requested, but it seems this blocks the RSS too.

Anyone know if there is a setting to change this?

Admin

Id noticed that recently you had to log in to see the sales forums, a real pain in the arse as far as im concerned.

I spend 95% of my time on here logged out which was the way I liked it, plus how are non members supposed to be enticed to join if they cant see whats for sale or how to sell?

I did post about it to tell everyone. I had loads of requests to do this and know I can never please everyone.

The concensus was that most sales here are between domain traders who dont want the sales visible in Google as it could inhibit a decent end-user price sale value.

You can login and still be "hidden"

Admin

Im not always in a position where I can log-in, and only ever did to either post or read the "drop catch" section.

Im sure the change will prove unpopular soon enough and be reversed. :D

Im not always in a position where I can log-in, and only ever did to either post or read the "drop catch" section.

Im sure the change will prove unpopular soon enough and be reversed. :D

what he said.

I've bought from many people here and rely on the RSS feed on my phone/pc rather than the being logged in constantly and hitting F5

OK I have added some new code so that the RSS feeds should be visible without logging in. Does it work?

Admin

If I logout and try to view it in IE it shows fine. Do you get an error message?

Anyone else able to use RSS when logged out?

Please try clearing your AD cookie and try again, I tried it on 2 machines and I see your link fine.

Please try clearing your AD cookie and try again, I tried it on 2 machines and I see your link fine.

yup done that. to be honest i'm not really sure what's going on.

as I posted earlier, I use to have this URL in my reader: http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=91,92,93

it used to bring back results only for for Premium, fixed price and auctions (91, 92, 93) - this URL is still not working either in FF/IE.

however if I use the following URL with those weird spaces in (;amp) I do get entries in the reader, but its a mixed bag; news items, general board stuff etc: http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=93

so something seems to be working.. just not what used to

If I can email you a screenshot, happy to do that if it will help

TIA

I hadn't thought about that, I changed them so they aren't visible by guests (and therefore Google etc.) as members requested, but it seems this blocks the RSS too.

Anyone know if there is a setting to change this?

Admin

Unfortunately I don't have a solution on how to unblock them, but can I suggest they are made public again? Buyers like myself monitor the forums via phones from work, the train, etc. and RSS is invaluable. Most of the names I've picked up are as a result of seeing them on the RSS feed.

PS. Still not seeing feeds here either.

I tested it and had someone else test it and they said it was fine, what error do you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom