Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal wedding transport co uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've just had a low bid on this, what would you say it's worth??

Cheers

i wouldnt sell it for anything less than mid £xxx, it covers the whole wedding thing ie not just cars, but horses, special hire (like fire engines and other unusual ways of getting to church) etc

u could probably develop a site and section it cars, special vehicles, horse drawn etc

just my thoughts :)

i wouldnt sell it for anything less than mid £xxx, it covers the whole wedding thing ie not just cars, but horses, special hire (like fire engines and other unusual ways of getting to church) etc

Thanks Justin

Does anyone else agree mid £xxx ??

It's a descriptive domain with scope to bring in some business (308 searches on Overture) but not high intrinsic value. I would suggest £450, plus or minus £150.

Hi

I would say higher 1.2 - 1.5k ish, i can see it on the back of wedding cars etc, very memorable, nice name for the industry.

I'm sure (without looking) most like sounding names have been taken it's a very competitive industry, with high capital costs not much money to these guys.

Just my 2p worth.

Pete

Thanks guys for the replies, I've gone back with an offer of £1k (inc vat) probably never hear from them again :D

I would say higher 1.2 - 1.5k ish, i can see it on the back of wedding cars etc, very memorable, nice name for the industry.

I like your valuation better Pete :) I thought it was worth around £1K, I think it's quite a nice name, just didn't know if I had my rose tinted glasses on.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm sure (without looking) most like sounding names have been taken it's a very competitive industry, with high capital costs not much money to these guys.

Just my 2p worth.

Pete

I'm not so sure, transport? What traffic does it get?

The value of this domain is limited by the fact that wedding transport is always a locally provided service by small local operators, there is no benefit to being a national operator. If I had a good offer in the late hundreds I would probably sell. You can hold out for more, but you may have a long wait because the wedding transport business doesn't really scale, so you aren't going to find a big operator ... if that makes sense.

Rgds

Accelerator

I'm not so sure, transport? What traffic does it get?

Traffic is not great, maybe 30 per month, but I don't see that as a big problem. Most UK domains get very little traffic, the value in keyword domains, in respect to traffic, comes once a site has been built around it. All search engines favour these domains when doing exact match searches. And of course a 'real generic name' give the website an air of authority that you wouldn't get with say 'AceWeddingCars.co.uk' :)

The value of this domain is limited by the fact that wedding transport is always a locally provided service by small local operators, there is no benefit to being a national operator. If I had a good offer in the late hundreds I would probably sell. You can hold out for more, but you may have a long wait because the wedding transport business doesn't really scale, so you aren't going to find a big operator ... if that makes sense.

You're probably right, however, there are some regional companies for which this would be a good name or maybe a company that generates leads for local companies throughout the UK. What I will do with it tho, when I get time, is build a free directory site and monetise it with adsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom