Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Website Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

It's simple and to the point...

Too many sites make you wade through or have pages of junk to get to meaty stuff...

Like the colour set too...

I like the look of it, but it uses framesets which isnt good for SEO.

You should make it more obvious for how people make an enquiry with a simple web form.

And put a sample track for people to download to judge your work.

web forms use CGI not PHP, should be possible

theme's, should be themes.

As it's in the first sentence I think that is quite important to get right.

Also I'd centre the whole container div, this will prevent your design appearing tucked over to the left for those with high resolution wide screen browsing environments.

The terms page is mainly a nested ordered list, HTML has markup for that.

The terms have apostrophy and capitalisation errors throughout, it makes it look unprofessional, as do spelling mistakes on the front page (exclusivly and licenced)

There is an apparant conflict between "our aim is to provide original copyright free music and theme's for your website." as you claim on your home page, and "All rights in and to the Track are specifically reserved by Music4Websites.co.uk." in your terms. Generally I don't find the terms very straightforward. Does LM stand for licensemusic.com? Why would the licensee of your product be paying royalties to LM? "Licensee shall account to and pay such royalties to LM within thirty (30) days of Licensee's receipt thereof."

Your terms state that licences are non-exclusive, yet your front page says: " All music composed by us is unique, and individual to your website only, and whilst under licence will not be used for any other clients. " that's almost a direct contradiction.

Also from your terms:" Internet Performance. The right throughout the Territory to publicly perform the Track for a period not exceeding ( ) months via Licensee's Web Site"
I can't see web designers or their clients paying for compositions that they have to pay for on a per territory basis (the internet's not suited to that kind of control), and for a product that is only licenced for a limited time.

Is all you mean by "Copyright free" is that you're not abusing anyone else's copyrighted work? Perhaps that should be taken as read?

I'd suggest a plain English introduction - stating what your terms mean in couple of sentences.

Would:
Code:
#container {
align: middle
work?

Why don't you replace the container width: 745px; with a percentage??

Also the domain redirect still isn't quite right as when 'finished' users shouldn't see Music4Websites

So you have your own home studio? Nice, i used to have one set up, still got the kit but it's all gathering duft at my folks house at the moment...not enough time for music anymore :( Anyways, back on with this thread...

Nice site, validates to W3C xhtml/css which is always good :) I always try to do that myself and post the W3C logos at the bottom of the page.

suggestion

as a suggestion, try changing the first <div>, right after the body to <div align="center"> ...worked for me ;)

Code:
<body>
<div align="center">

wazzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom