Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Webhostingbuzz - No refunds when cancelling VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Be advised if you have a VPS with WHB and cancel it before the next bill is due, they will not give you any refund (or part refund) on any unused VPS period (e.g. in my case, 3 weeks unused of the 4 paid for).

In my experience, most are happy to do this, but not WHB. :(

Looks like I'll be waiting to cancel it on the next bill due date...

Most places I have used don't do this either, I.would usually just let them know I'm canceling and not to renew.

They would forever be refunding pounds and pence for a couple of days here and there every time somebody cancelled.

Couple of days is fair enough Nick, but 3 weeks doesn't seem reasonable..

I'll just wait until next month. :)

Couple of days is fair enough Nick, but 3 weeks doesn't seem reasonable..

I'll just wait until next month. :)
Then where do you draw the line? People will want a refund for three days, two days.

With dedicated servers and vps and using various places they have never refunded if you cancel early.

This is the norm with everything. I have not actually ever seen the way you mention - when you cancel you still get to use the service for your subscription period.

This is the norm with everything. I have not actually ever seen the way you mention - when you cancel you still get to use the service for your subscription period.
Yep that's how it's always been with places I know of.

They say ok it will go off on this date, please take any needed data etc.

Making a thread about it and shaming is a bit harsh as I dont think they have done anything wrong.

They don't sell it weeks do they, they sell in months?

You bought a month, you're into it now so you can't cancel, isn't that fair enough?

I don't know of any hosts who would repay unused partial months - ourselves included.

I've known hosts (incl WHB) to refund shared hosting (under cetain circumstances like being unsuitable), but never VPS or Dedi with 1 exception. I were looking for a VPS for FFMPEG, a few offered money back guarantee their VPS would be suitable and when it weren't I were refunded, but generally VPS/Dedi have never offered a refund.

Hosting providers have to pay the datacentres for VPS and Dedi's so you'll find that most will not refund the difference because it would end up costing them money for no fault of their own. Why didnt you plan to migrate just before the next billing cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom