Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal webdesignmanchester

Status
Not open for further replies.
.org kills it... Can't see much value above reg fee

I had the .net of this and after various end user and domainer plugs managed to get low £xxx

I'd have to value this as less - unless the US have a town or city called Manchester and they could live with the .org

Why would consider the .org less valuable than the .net? Neither are exactly brandable so you'd just be looking at ranking potential, in which case they're identical?

Simply because .net is more recognized in the UK than .org

If I were building a UK site and could only choose a .net or .org i'd go for .net all day long.

Personally I like .net's, just feel G doesn't give as much weight in the UK SERPs as the .co.uk or .org.uk which will naturally reduce it's popularity

Simply because .net is more recognized in the UK than .org

If I were building a UK site and could only choose a .net or .org i'd go for .net all day long.

Personally I like .net's, just feel G doesn't give as much weight in the UK SERPs as the .co.uk or .org.uk which will naturally reduce it's popularity
Org list just as well if not better than net. Although other than affiliate etc neither is popular with business although some charity types go org so I’d say they are more used in the uk field and some would say that gives them the advantage over net .

Problem we have found with “occupation geo” geo occupation etc is that google local is slowly killing them all, best you can hope to list below that on page one sometimes there may be one or two listing above but not often,

Personally wouldn’t use either for a Occupation Service Type business...

You should contact some end users. 20 mins of your time and you might find someone willing to pay for the keywords. You'll do well to find an interested reseller though.

Thanks for your input.

I will probably keep it and try to get few leads myself.

I don't usually do client work, but maybe I'll prioritise this domain, hopefully the work I get will be more than what I could get for the domain.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom