Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Web Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about any free web design tutorial sites. I bought a few dreamweaver books but they dont really explain why things are done just for example "You can input css by doing this" but dont really tell you why you are doing it. Any links would be appreciated

I only know of:

http://www.lynda.com/

but that's not free.

My advice for Dreamweaver would be keep it nice and simple. Insert / Table, 760 pixels wide, maybe just two columns, left one 500px, right one 260px, set table cell padding to 5 px. Use that basic table as your web template.

If you need a header, just use a single table, 760 px wide.

In summary, use a really basic table structure with Dreamweaver and you'll get the hang of it.

Rgds

Accelerator

Don't use tables unless you are displaying tabular data, tables were used for page layout before CSS was developed.

Learn CSS, and html, there are plenty of good books, CSS mastery, transcending CSS and Bulletproof web design are good books to start for CSS.

Also the sites that accelerator suggested.

Also visit the w3schools site.

Good luck.

all books on my shelf...

also 'the zen of css design by dave shea' and csszengarden.com

S

I am still struggleing to find a keyword selection tool. I dont want to pay for some software as A. I dont have the loot and B. Dont know how much it costs. Any ideas which tools to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom