Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Ville_co_uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Picked this one up on DL for what I think is a real bargain price, after all it was accepted as spotlight, so I know at least one person who think's its worth something. :D

What do you all think please? Any ideas of it's true value to an end user? Development ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

It's one where you just have to sit on it and wait for an offer. I don't view it as strongly brandable, but if you're prepared to pay the renewal fees and wait, then you might just get lucky one day. The brandability wouldn't be strong enough for me to pay the renewal fees ... but you never know who's out there and who may want it. Good luck.

Accelerator mate I hate to say it but I can't help but feel your faith in .uk has faded. In .com this would be a xx,xxx name all day long.

Thank you Martin. :)

Accelerator mate I hate to say it but I can't help but feel your faith in .uk has faded. In .com this would be a xx,xxx name all day long.

Thank you Martin. :)

I'm just saying that for me, its brandability is not good enough for me to want to sit on it. Other domainers agree with me if you picked it up cheap on DL. That's not to say you can't make a great sale on it, and I hope you do, but chances are too slim for me to want to risk it.

Rgds

Just searching "ville.co.uk" on google to see what comes up there are a lot of "word"ville.co.uk's

letsville
moneyville
awesomeville

Maybe "ville" on it's own is a bit nondescript..

I don't think it's one you will ever get much from wholesale, you managed to pick it up cheap yourself, but it's nice enough to hang on to and hope you get approached by an end user eventually.

I don't want to sound like a troll, but not feeling the love.. there's nothing you couldn't do with a made up reg fee domain - where's the added value?

The 2005 days are long gone I'm afraid.

How would one pronounce it? The French way, meaning town? If not that way, then like "vile"? I am assuming not like "villa"? Otherwise how about "Waterloo-ville" (you'll know where that is)? Why would one require "ville" devoid of something prefixing. If you hadn't seen it on domainlore would you have instinctively registered it? :)

Yes of course I would have registered it. Ville is very much used. You would pronounce it as it's spelt not sure what you're getting at there. Why not ask pc-ville.co.uk, hills-ville.co.uk, alpha-ville.co.uk, farmville, moneyville, letsville, awesomeville amongst many others how they all pronounce it? :confused:

It depends do you believe the ones you mention would buy without a prefix? I find with many foreign words you have those that know the meaning tend to expect site to be relevant to the word although you do see “brands” that don’t its more common in a TLD than CCTLD for those that don’t know the meaning you could argue you could use any made up word…? You can through in la ville le ville free reg
Quick check on companies house will show all that include it within there name Give them a try I suppose

Or look for a Frenchman that’s not an Anglophobe..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom