Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal various uk city names

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Reaction score
Hi all

First post here. I have a few uk city .mobi names. Wondered what you thought they were worth. I have:

colchester
fulham
newcastleupontyne
stdavids
swansea
wembley
wolverhampton

Would appreciate any advice .Cheers.

Hi all

First post here. I have a few uk city .mobi names. Wondered what you thought they were worth. I have:

colchester
fulham
newcastleupontyne
stdavids
swansea
wembley
wolverhampton

Would appreciate any advice .Cheers.

I'm afraid that I don't see any value in these Dee. I dont think .mobi really took off in the way it was intended.

Thanks Lee

Unfortunately I figured as much. Guess the talk of them picking up as the mobile market blows up is not true?

Hi Dee,
I have to concur with Lee. I invested in a lot of .mobi names in the past and made very little off them. I'm still holding quite a few of them as you never know.
You can get them to rank but its a tuff job. :)

My fav city mobi in collection is Plymouth.mobi

Good luck with your .mobi

Hi Dee,

I think it's a two part question :
- how do you intend to use the .mobi suffix ?
- what is the quality of the locations ?

Personally I would rank .mobi quite a long way down the list, but that's a subjective view.

As for the locations, you have an interesting mixture. Wolverhampton and Colchester are solid, fairly large places, NewcastleUponTyne is arguably the best but many people would prefer the shortness of just Newcastle, Wembley has various positive sporting and entertainment connotations besides being a fairly bland northwest London suburb, the minuscule and rather anomalous St David's probably merely happened to crop up in searches for free-to-register UK cities and Fulham has a mixture of pluses and minuses as a quality London suburb dependent on how you use (and bound) it.

Whatever the merits of some of the locations, though, I think the biggest issue is working out how to use the .mobi suffix in these contexts.

David

Hi Dee,

I think it's a two part question :
- how do you intend to use the .mobi suffix ?
- what is the quality of the locations ?

Personally I would rank .mobi quite a long way down the list, but that's a subjective view.

As for the locations, you have an interesting mixture. Wolverhampton and Colchester are solid, fairly large places, NewcastleUponTyne is arguably the best but many people would prefer the shortness of just Newcastle, Wembley has various positive sporting and entertainment connotations besides being a fairly bland northwest London suburb, the minuscule and rather anomalous St David's probably merely happened to crop up in searches for free-to-register UK cities and Fulham has a mixture of pluses and minuses as a quality London suburb dependent on how you use (and bound) it.

Whatever the merits of some of the locations, though, I think the biggest issue is working out how to use the .mobi suffix in these contexts.

David

Thanks for the insight. I suspect its spot on. Swansea also is a large city and potentially a goer if it could work. As you say, its probably down to how you approach it. I guess im not sure if its worth the work to develop what could potentially be a good set of sites if no one will see it because its a mobi. Out of interest i plugged them into the google keyword tool - broad .Mobile only. UK results show.

colchester

fulham

newcastleupontyne

stdavids

swansea

wembley

wolverhampton

So there is potential. Does anyone have experience of ranking a mobi name ?

So there is potential. Does anyone have experience of ranking a mobi name ?

Yes, I have a Pagerank 4,3,2 .mobi's

It can be done.

Aaah. Okay. So maybe worth keeping hold of or developing then for time being. Maybe ill start with swansea and work backwards.

Fancy a partnership the noonoo1 :)

Dee said:
Does anyone have experience of ranking a mobi name ?

It can be done.

I think Dee meant do they rank in serps, not page rank. Do any of your .mobi names rank well?

I think Dee meant do they rank in serps, not page rank. Do any of your .mobi names rank well?

Yeah, I'm on page one of google for a particular search term. That is the PR4 mobi domain.:p

DO NOT use gomobi builder for your mobile websites as the do not rank in the serps at all.

Yeah, I'm on page one of google for a particular search term. That is the PR4 mobi domain.

Okay,Thanks for that. So there is hope. Do you mind me asking if:

a/ That ranking is for mobile search only ?

b/ The link juice / traffic etc required to get to that point is more than a non mobi would need ?

It seems to me that the mobi domain filled a need when sites tended to need a mobile site optimised differently to the main site. These days with the advent of iPhones,tablets etc there doesn't seem to be a need for a separate site or subdomain. If however the big G etc will send mobile traffic to a mobi over a com for the same content on a mobile browser then its worth it.

Hi, I'm on iPhone now as off to bed.

a) No, just normal g search
B) As it happens no, not that many links at all but I will say they are quality links.

I'll just hang on to some of my names and do something with them in the future I suppose, keep the good keyword names like Tyres, Caravans, RVrentals, Motorhome, etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom