Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Updated the Non-UK section to only include the UK-related names.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've now limited the use of the Non-UK section to include only domain names related to the UK, which is the primary objective of this forum!

Was this:
1721043837302.png

Now is this:
1721043861387.png

Great job @Admin!! Thank you! :) I know, this day was stressful :) .. and, huge tx @MattW for saving the day earlier this morning!

I had no idea those other extensions existed.

Been thinking of similar but we don't have anything other than .ca - I think there is a .Quebec but it's rarely if ever used.

I've been thinking about just .ca for Canada and then only Canada flavoured .com's like domains with the word maple, or Canada or anything referring to something within Canada.

So in your graphic above PhilippinesForum.com would not be eligible because it is not Canadian (or in your case UK).

It's a conundrum for a ccTLD site because you want to keep the focus on the subject at hand yet you also want to allow matching .com's to your members names (our in your case the stated extensions above).

Personally I like seeing the sites stay focused on what they are, or they basically turn into another mish mash forum that tries to be everything to everybody instead of the ccTLD forum they were meant to be.

I had no idea those other extensions existed.

Been thinking of similar but we don't have anything other than .ca - I think there is a .Quebec but it's rarely if ever used.

I've been thinking about just .ca for Canada and then only Canada flavoured .com's like domains with the word maple, or Canada or anything referring to something within Canada.

So in your graphic above PhilippinesForum.com would not be eligible because it is not Canadian (or in your case UK).

It's a conundrum for a ccTLD site because you want to keep the focus on the subject at hand yet you also want to allow matching .com's to your members names (our in your case the stated extensions above).

Personally I like seeing the sites stay focused on what they are, or they basically turn into another mish mash forum that tries to be everything to everybody instead of the ccTLD forum they were meant to be.

Hi Frank, I love the way you have minimilized the categories > fantastic job!

Yes, domain names like PhilippinesForum futher-on will not be advertised at Acorn.

About the CA related tlds > I would make a fat bet on new regional geo tlds coming your way, if I was a gambler.

Best wishes! Helmuts

p.s. how do you deal with bumping?

p.s. how do you deal with bumping?

I have a script, it allows bumping once every 24 hours but in general we frown upon "bump".

I tell members to add something relevant 24 hours later, like...

Domain in use in xx extensions

or

similar domain used for website B

or

anything relevant to the domain for sale

-----------------------------------

So basically a word like bump does not add value to the For Sale Thread, whereas adding more information to make the domain more appealing does.

We just finished updating DN.ca similar to here.

Except we took it to the next step and totally eliminated the .com and .other market sections to be .CA exclusive.

You can still talk about industry news in any extension but most everything is fully dedicated to .CA which is what the forum is built around.

So it looks like the ccTLD community is getting more specialized, I even see exclusice ccTLD market places now.

Great news for those focusing in on a specific countries ccTLD.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom