Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Ulster.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have just completed on the purchase of Ulster.co.uk and wanted some opinions on value.

Ulster is one of the provinces of Ireland, comprising of 9 counties and an overall population of approx 2 million. 6 of the counties in Ulster make up the entire of Northern Ireland.

9,900 "exact" monthly searches
673,000 "broad" monthly searches

There's a real disconnect between the place and the extension. Low-mid £xxx probably for that reason.

Yes, considering the history, giving it a .co.uk extension might even be bordering on taking the piss in some people's eyes

mid £xxxx imo even tho I agree with some of the previous comments

Geographically it's part of the UK, so I think it would be worth the same as a .ie to most people, and certainly any British developer. Most of the rest of the world wouldn't know/care either.

Part of it is in the UK, part of it is in the Repulic of Ireland. Ulster.ie appears to be available. If you got hold of Ulster.com, you could forward the .co.uk and the .ie onto it and set an example for the real world!

Thanks for all the comments so far.

I was thinking that because Ulster does cover the whole or Nother Ireland then .co.uk would be ok.

If you got hold of Ulster.com, you could forward the .co.uk and the .ie onto it and set an example for the real world!
I enquired about the .com but he wants £50k for it...

Update: Just found out that you can't register geo domains in .ie

Only local authorities can register the geo domain. The registry does state though "The Registry will not be involved in arrangements between local authorities and third parties regarding the use of the domain name". I would love to have an "arrangement" with one of the big city councils to use their domain, as not all seem to use them. Also noticed that Waterford is registered to the crystal company not the council, so it seems the rules can be bent. Pre-existing rules, or a sale?

Sorry to go a little OT, but it is an interesting point regarding Irish geos. Would certainly suggest an increase in the value of a .com Irish geo, and in some areas a .co.uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom