Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Service Uk Webhost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hiya all,

I have always hosted in the US but am now looking for a UK Webhost

Anyone Recommendations?

Thanks

Karl

Hi Karl,
Would be happy to provide a quote. Have you got a list of your requirements?
Regards

If you want pile it high, sell it cheap, then 1&1, 123, Heart and so on will probably be similar pricing to the bulk US hosts, if you want a quality offering, then you'll need to pay a little more.

If you want to post your requirements, there are a few of us here offering hosting.

Just to throw a few names into the hat....

evo,
kystal,
ezpz,
heart
native space

I have them all and have no complaints !

Don't discount cloud hosting as you get root access with most which means you can operate Windows or Linux exactly as you would with a dedicated or shared server.

We already host with Rackspace and shortly going to try Netcetera's offering so will report back.

Significantly cheaper than dedicated and we have seen 100% uptime.

TW

Another thumbs up for Evo had a little issue were a sever protocol was switched off contacted support out of hours fixed within minutes best customer service I've had from this sort of host.
Also have hosting basic hosting with kystal were I've had no issues

Good reliable UK hosts I use:

ServerCentre.net
EZPZHosting.co.uk
Innohosting.com

Tried various other hosts but find these have good support, reliable and helpful.

Good luck,

Vic

I switched from US hosting to UK hosting myself.

I've been using PC Smart Hosting for a couple of years now and never had any problems
http://www.pcsmarthosting.com/reseller.php

The pricing is amazing for the service they provide. They have their own racks in a UK datacentre, so not reselling from a bedroom somewhere.

I'll +1 EvoHosting.

They have a cage in BlueSquare Maidenhead and either Tim (Owner) or Toby (Sysadmin) live within 15 minutes or BS and they have an on-site office for direct maintenance.

Their machines are replaced shortly before warranty runs out, I think I am on my 3rd new server, which means its prob ever 2-3 years they are replaced. According to siteuptime.com the total downtime over the last year is around 1 hour.

They don't overcrowd their servers, they add a new server approx every few month to accom new users.

Support even for whacky extentions and such I want installed has been awesome, they are not nazi's with features either, if your nearing your limit and need 1-2 of something else adding, I'm pretty confident from my experience they would be happy to increase whatever limit, obviously if your request is silly they may suggest an upgrade instead.

Evo go all the way up to dedicated servers and like-for-like are around 40-50% cheaper than rackspace, and unlike rackspace they don't look at you cross eyed when you start talking dozens if not 100s TBs of bandwidth. Rackspace for 1 adult client looked at him like he was chasing the dragon and huffing glue when talking 10tb+ and after 30 minutes explaining they quoted silly money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom