Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK expired and expiring domain list

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea where I can find a feed, list or api of uk expired and expiring domain names? I am interested in building a drop list website. :)

No one can sell you this as its against nominet terms, well maybe HEG/GoDaddy the rules don't appear to apply to them, but otherwise there are 2 options.

1, Build your own, which requires a nominet membership, applying for zone access and about 300 lines of code.

or

2, There is the possibility of buying an existing business which droplists are a part of the business. Nominet have indicated this is possible, such as like HEG buying DomainMonster, however its not clear what a constitutes a business.

Thanks for your fast reply. From the sound of it, it looks a rather expensive venture for a hobbyist like me :) With a one-off joining fee of £400 (plus VAT). There’s also an annual subscription charge of £100 (plus VAT) to become a Nominet member.

You would be looking at £400+vat (join fee), £100+vat (member fee), £20+vat (DAC fee), then hosting + script.

You could mitigate this cost by joining @RobM public drop catch script which is fully automated, the members I known using it are are at £xxx net profit for their first month, so you'd clear your costs in 6 months ? Also giving you the option of drop catching for yourself.

You would be looking at £400+vat (join fee), £100+vat (member fee), £20+vat (DAC fee), then hosting + script.

You could mitigate this cost by joining @RobM public drop catch script which is fully automated, the members I known using it are are at £xxx net profit for their first month, so you'd clear your costs in 6 months ? Also giving you the option of drop catching for yourself.
Thanks I am really considering RobM public drop catch script.

Morning everyone

I'm interested in this, where can i find details on how to join @RobM public drop script. Is there a link to them ?

Thanks in advance.

I use the full auction model, I think everyone else does too as far as I know.

There are only 5 people doing it at the moment with a couple in the process of setting up. All have made more than their outlay since it started and all using the auction model. Nobody can guarantee what or when you will catch. Some people don't use public catching at all but choose to catch for themselves with just hosted chasing - I know most of them make a profit. This is not an industry of guarantees.

Thanks for your reply.
If I setup the public model would you put me on the Domainview homepage too?

Of course. People need to backorder at every place possible. There are quite a few dropcatching sites if people not using my scripts/sites want to be listed there in exchange for a link let me know.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom