Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal tradingcards.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What is your thought on a price for the above domain, the guy is open to sell, for a reasonable offer, I thought mid £xxx.xx and was going to offer accordingly.

I have plans to turn the site into a retail site, should I take this into consideration and increase the offer?

Daniel

under £500

First glance it looks like a great buy at under £1,000.

But note there are NO ppc adverts on "trading cards uk"

and the domain directs to ebay.co.uk

on the other side the domain is very old 1998.

With those factors, I would certainly keep offer price under £500 and try for £300.

Good luck.

Thanks Steven, I am not after it for PPC income, more for an actual retail site.

ppc used as a guide

Thanks Steven, I am not after it for PPC income, more for an actual retail site.

When trying to price a domain, I sometimes use ppc rates/number of advertisers as a guide for activity on the niche area, even if going to use the site to trade rather than ppc, it is just a barometer of what other people are doing on the keywords.

As some people look at all other extensions like .com .net etc. to see what date they registered, it gives a feel of what the bigger domain market for that domain string.

If you believe the business is going to make you x you price accordingly? Personally I’d consider free to reg hyphenated or go Brand
Really don’t see xxx valuation in the slightest

All free to reg
Card-traders.co.uk
Card-traders.com
Card-trader.co.uk
Trading-cards.co.uk

I personally have never been a fan of '-' domains, or those with numbers, and try to stear clear of them, if I have the un'-' domain, I will get the '-' domain and have it redirect.

Your first point on how much x the business is going to make is a valid point, I don't know, but the industry as a whole is worth allot of money. It might not even make much, there are a few sites out there that sell trading card's, both in unopened packs, and as individual cards.

So in terms of business then it's worth £xxx, as a cheap PPC income page, I agree it's not worth much.

If you believe the business is going to make you x you price accordingly? Personally I’d consider free to reg hyphenated or go Brand
Really don’t see xxx valuation in the slightest

All free to reg
Card-traders.co.uk
Card-traders.com
Card-trader.co.uk
Trading-cards.co.uk

I personally have never been a fan of '-' domains, or those with numbers, and try to stear clear of them, if I have the un'-' domain, I will get the '-' domain and have it redirect.

Your first point on how much x the business is going to make is a valid point, I don't know, but the industry as a whole is worth allot of money. It might not even make much, there are a few sites out there that sell trading card's, both in unopened packs, and as individual cards.

So in terms of business then it's worth £xxx, as a cheap PPC income page, I agree it's not worth much.
Not a great lover of them either but in this instance? If the “G” emd is no more then niches who are unlikely to advertise on radio. TV ever have sales teams cold calling etc can’t see it makes a difference?

If it’s boiling down to non - it’s worth it and - its not then I’d question if it’s viable period? There’s also a lot to be said for hyphenated global “com” vs. non in a cctld good luck if you decide to develop though

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom