Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Thoughts on these two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thoughts on these as undeveloped names? First one was hand regged after it dropped last night, I like this one, loads of searches for it, I'm thinking if I can't sell it on to someone, stick a store on it selling hiking clothing, tents, other camping/walking gear and walking holidays etc:

rambler / org / uk (pre reg date 2001)
33,100 exact local - 1,000,000 exact global
90,500 broad local - 3,350,000 broad global
CPC: £0.54

Just now hand regged this one as well after seeing healthy searches for it on a different keyword suggestion tool to the Google one, could do well with a little cruise site on it, and should rank well for the exact term, again, decent search volume. I don't usually like too many words in a name, but this one trips of the tongue nicely:

last minute cruise deals / co / uk
6,600 excact local
CPC: £2.56

The second one is much better than the first, and could easily be developed into a profitable site, although I would imagine that the cruise industry is suffering a bit with the recession.

The first one is OK but I don't see it as particularly commercial. It is likely to get traffic from ramblers but I think it might be difficult to convert these into sales, but it's worth a try. Maps, outdoor clothing, camping equipment are obvious products, but they are likely to be visiting the site in "walk research mode" as opposed to "buying mode".

Rgds

I prefer rambler.org.uk TBH; I think it could make a nice, small income (try a small message board for ramblers to post advice and info about walks, etc?).

There's thousands of ramblers around & associated gear purchases seems to be very popular too (e.g. my brother spends thousands on it!). :)

A difference of opinon I see :)

I agree with Accelerator that the cruise domain could be made in to a profitable site. I don't think cruise bookings will suffer as much as other stuff might, it's generally the more wealthy who go on cruises, so they probably don't feel the pinch as much as the average man in the street.

My mum and her other half (they're not wealthy) are currently on a cruise costing around €7000, they have some of their friends with them as well, so I know they're still selling even to the non wealthier people in society as well

I also agree with Alien that rambler could also make a some income, probably not as much as the cruise domain could due to the cost of cruises, but I think there would be more sales from a rambler site to make up a lot of the shortfall of the higher commissions from cruises.

I'm already an affiliate of Venturesport.co.uk - Discount Outdoor Equipment through WebGains, they have all the required outdoor gear on their site, so that's handy if I knock a site up for that one, maybe a forum to go with it as per Aliens suggestion. Think I'll try them in the sales section first and see if there's any interest before they go on my to do list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom