Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal TheElderScrolls.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
New here so thought I'd ask for peoples opinions before posting it for sale.

I didn't have a clue what the words/phrase related to, but it appears to be game related.

After checking on the ipo.gov.uk site, it shows there are 4 trademarks for that exact phrase, which are all for TM classes covering various types of computer, CD and DVD games etc, so, I think there's very little chance of a sale, as there isn't much anyone could do with it, where it wouldn't infringe on the TM holders rights.

Unless the TM holder bought, it, I'd value it at zero, sorry.

[edit]

Just to add, as you're new here, and in case you're not aware, it wouldn't be a good idea to approach the TM holders asking if they wanted to buy it, doing that, they could easily claim the domain was an abusive registration via a Nominet DRS

Last edited:
I didn't have a clue what the words/phrase related to, but it appears to be game related.

After checking on the ipo.gov.uk site, it shows there are 4 trademarks for that exact phrase, which are all for TM classes covering various types of computer, CD and DVD games etc, so, I think there's very little chance of a sale, as there isn't much anyone could do with it, where it wouldn't infringe on the TM holders rights.

Unless the TM holder bought, it, I'd value it at zero, sorry.

[edit]

Just to add, as you're new here, and in case you're not aware, it wouldn't be a good idea to approach the TM holders asking if they wanted to buy it, doing that, they could easily claim the domain was an abusive registration via a Nominet DRS

Thank you for your feedback, I always thought this could be a potential issue. Even with this issue there are loads similar going for sale on sedo asking for stupid money. Maybe still worth a listing at a fraction of there asking prices?

listen to people on here and you will learn lots.just spend a few hours/daysreading through all old threads/posts and you will not go far wrong

Playing the elder scrolls online now - it's awesome :)
However the domain is just asking for trouble. I would actually say it's got a negative value if you try and sell it.

Thank you for your feedback, I always thought this could be a potential issue. Even with this issue there are loads similar going for sale on sedo asking for stupid money. Maybe still worth a listing at a fraction of there asking prices?

It's best to avoid registering TM names whenever possible, especially with domains like this, where than can be no confusion as to why the domain was registered, it's different if it's an everyday generic term.

People often say, but there are loads of other similar domains for sale and they haven't been taken from them, but it only takes the TM holders to say, right, we'll have this one to teach others a lesson, and that one could be you.

Potentially squatting at it's finest..

Hi Julian,

Again thank you for you input. I obviously understand your feedback, but to be clear and avoid having that title permanently attached. There a few good uses for this domain, the game, like WoW, will probably give opportunities to buy and sell game items like Gold or other merchandise. There are a number of legitimate uses for this domain, even if it was purely for a game forum which attracts legitimate traffic and paid ad opportunities. I just don't have the time and resources to set this up. We all know the cost of registering a domain, and if some one wants to make a go of a legitimate use for this domain, its no different to selling any domain. Look at it this was, By definition, all Domain'ing (Trading) is cyber squatting.

Your talking rubbish

How come in the email notification there is a smiley at the end of your post? :D

Thank you all really, I can see trademarks are a no no moving forward, you would all clearly know. This is not something I was looking to make a career from lol I was originally going to put a Forum on the domain! I certainly don't do blackmail, or other black hat techniques to sell a domain, and was always aware it could be taken off me with one "Notice and take down" or ACPA or whatever. But again, thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom