Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

The gratitude thread

Reaction score
Lets mention some amazing people.

I will go first.

Colin

We bought Flip from Colin and also he referred a client who needed a com broker. I went on to sell the domain for the client, he was happy, buyer was happy and it was a great example of how people can work together.

@ClassicalGuitar

I've bought a few domains over the years - always pleasant to deal with - lots of knowledge and data - realistic pricing and looking forward to our next deal which is imminent.

@Helmuts

Running a forum, podcast & event is difficult - i've done so much business with Helmuts by using all his platforms - it is a great business relationship and i'm looking forward to The Summit as last year was really beneficial (lots of great contacts and business done).

At events it isn't just the business side - its that you get to meet experts that can give you some quick guidance, a bit like Jim Davies who has so much knowledge around domains and freely shares this at the summit.

Who have you dealt with and would like to give a shout out to?

@Aaron Clifford

I started catching domains in 2018, but it wasn't until the Right of Registration event that I really wanted to get involved properly. Not knowing where to begin, I registered with Nominet, and paid for a membership. Ready to start dropcatching. My application to be a member was approved literally right before RoR kicked off, and I scrambled around to try and build myself a catching script. Luckily, this man had created a very simple but effective script, that he kindly gave away for free on this forum. A genuinely selfless bloke. I ended up catching tons of domains through RoR with this code, and I have never been so grateful to someone. At the time, I was struggling in business, and had just left a business relationship where I had built an office out and a successful business for someone else, and was now looking to go my own way and if it wasn't for Aaron's code, I would not be here today and I certainly wouldn't have had such a prosperous end-of-year 2019.

Most recently, this man has shown his selfless abandon once again, by creating UKDNF, a breakaway domain forum where lots of us got together and rekindled the old spirit of Acorn Domains. He didn't ask a dime for any of this, and he never has. Always out of his own pocket, always selfless with integrity. I think Aaron is one of the best people in the domain industry.

Here is another example of his selflessness, I have done business with Aaron a few times over the years. But I remember on one occasion where he had offered me £75 for regex.co.uk, I wanted a bit more so I kindly said no. I ended up putting it on DL, where it sold to Aaron for £50, I think he was the only bidder! He emailed me right after the sale closed:

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 10.22.57.png

I am more than certain lots of people in this community have similar stories.

I want to take this opportunity now, and say thank you to Aaron, for all his hard work over the years, and for being a genuinely kind and considerate, compassionate human being. A real integral part of what this domain community means to people.

Thanks Aaron.

@Aaron Clifford

I started catching domains in 2018, but it wasn't until the Right of Registration event that I really wanted to get involved properly. Not knowing where to begin, I registered with Nominet, and paid for a membership. Ready to start dropcatching. My application to be a member was approved literally right before RoR kicked off, and I scrambled around to try and build myself a catching script. Luckily, this man had created a very simple but effective script, that he kindly gave away for free on this forum. A genuinely selfless bloke. I ended up catching tons of domains through RoR with this code, and I have never been so grateful to someone. At the time, I was struggling in business, and had just left a business relationship where I had built an office out and a successful business for someone else, and was now looking to go my own way and if it wasn't for Aaron's code, I would not be here today and I certainly wouldn't have had such a prosperous end-of-year 2019.

Most recently, this man has shown his selfless abandon once again, by creating UKDNF, a breakaway domain forum where lots of us got together and rekindled the old spirit of Acorn Domains. He didn't ask a dime for any of this, and he never has. Always out of his own pocket, always selfless with integrity. I think Aaron is one of the best people in the domain industry.

Here is another example of his selflessness, I have done business with Aaron a few times over the years. But I remember on one occasion where he had offered me £75 for regex.co.uk, I wanted a bit more so I kindly said no. I ended up putting it on DL, where it sold to Aaron for £50, I think he was the only bidder! He emailed me right after the sale closed:

View attachment 4394
I am more than certain lots of people in this community have similar stories.

I want to take this opportunity now, and say thank you to Aaron, for all his hard work over the years, and for being a genuinely kind and considerate, compassionate human being. A real integral part of what this domain community means to people.

Thanks Aaron.
Wow Ben - thanks for sharing - that highlights so many good qualities in a person

Good thread. There are some amazing people in here, and genuinlly dont think Ive had a bad experience with anyone in the 10 odd years been visiting. I've dealt with most of the regulars and all top people. Special mention for @Aaron Clifford again for the ROR script. That was my first foray into trying it myself and that script was great. He even helped me with talking through the server setup and command line stuff that i'd never done before. Also... for me Rob @ukbackorder. Always been very helpful, straight down the line and incredibly good at what he does.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom