Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_co_uk The FILMEXTRAS domain, website, membership database and mailing list is for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The FILMEXTRAS.CO.UK domain, website, membership database and mailing list is for sale. The domain name was registered in June 1999 and the website was launched in Oct 2008.

FilmExtras is both a listings website for the promotion of roles in television, film and theatre as well as promoting the individuals wanting these positions via a complete members profile with photo gallery.

The website is custom written in PHP and MySQL, complete with extensive administration and reporting tools.

We currently spend no more than an hour a day running the website, which consists of locating and posting any new roles and responding to any e-mails that have been received. The only expenses that are paid out to run the site are for the renewal of the domain name, and any PayPal fees that are taken from received subscription payments.

The website is currently hosted on our own server, so would require transferring to your own server upon purchase, or we can negotiate a monthly fee to continue hosting with us.

We're selling this website to raise cash for investment into the launch of other projects.

FilmExtras has a presence on both Facebook and Twitter, with over a thousand fans on Facebook and over 400 followers on Twitter. Both of these accounts are included in the sale.

Auction for the website can be found here on Flippa https://flippa.com/auctions/123175/UK-Film-Extras-Website

Last edited:
Nice site !

Just a couple of questions

1. I notice the revenue in 2009 compared to 2010 was significantly lower - I assume this was a combination of lower sign ups and previous members not renewing ?

2. Do you know what your average member retention rate is ? eg do most subscribers not renew after the first year ?

3. Is the income generated soley by member subscriptions ?

4. I see your spending £30 a month on adwords - what proportion of your monthly UV is brought to the site from your adwords spend ?

thanks alot

Last edited:
1. I notice the revenue in 2009 compared to 2010 was significantly lower - I assume this was a combination of lower sign ups and previous members not renewing ?

When we launched we offered promotional codes for free membership for limited periods of time one month three months eg. we stopped this in late 2009.

2. Do you know what your average member retention rate is ? eg do most subscribers not renew after the first year ?

If you would like to post this question on the flippa website site Kris who is the developer and running the auction will give you the correct answer.

3. Is the income generated soley by member subscriptions ?

Yes it is we have never even sent a newsletter to the database of 12,529 members

4. I see your spending £30 a month on adwords - what proportion of your monthly UV is brought to the site from your adwords spend ?

We don't track the Adwords spend which is probably more like £20 per month

This website template would also work very well with your dancers.co.uk domain with very little changes required.

Many Thanks
Simon

With regards to question 4, how many clicks does that £20 get you ? ie this would equal the amount of UV which adwords then contributes to the overall monthly uv

Yes it has crossed my mind with regards to my dancers.co.uk domain and could possibly compliment each other also.

Thanks for the answers Simon, it is very much appreciated

Frank

Hi Frank

Adwords for February was 293 clicks spend of £15.91

One last BUMP

Public Auction has not yet reached the reserve price
Listing closes in 4 hours, 50 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom