Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Telesales ?

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used Telesales to gain leads/sales for holiday/camping niche ? Think of the terms of paid business listings.

If so does anyone know any reasonably priced, reliable telesales people with good telephone manner ?

I run a 10 person telesales operation as part of my job, it is not easy.

PeoplePerHour.com is a good place to start to try it out, maybe cost you £xxx for someone to call.

You need to think about what they'll offer and how you'd follow it up because more than likely the person they need to speak too won't speak to them and if they do they'll want more information.

I would get your site listed and ranked first then maybe a snail mail letter say "Hi, here's my site, here's what it ranks for, perhaps you'd like to be on that page?"

As a Marketing Director I get a TON of phone calls, snail mail and emails. I would much prefer to see something simple with proof over an unsolicited call or spammy email.

Yeah ive spoke to a couple of guys on peopleperhour, some seemed to be fairly competent but didnt want to do much else other than make the calls, wanting me to compile the list of numbers, write the script for them to reel off etc. To be honest if I go to that much trouble then i might as well pick up the phone and do it myself as Ive done the time consuming bit that im trying to get away from.

The sites ranked in top spot for its primary target and in the top 3 for the majority of its localised areas that currently have listings in ( plus moving up fast for a slightly different target ), with regular booking requests to the few vendors it really is a no brainier for vendors if someone can pitch it to them in the right way. Another 15 listings should be going live in the next couple of weeks, that will help massively as I suspect the biggest problem at the moment is the site looking a little empty.

Telesales isnt something ive done before, either myself or purchased so its a bit of an unknown for me.

"If you want a monkey pay peanuts" - they won't do much more than the boring bit unless you pay them.

I would personally try a letter in the first instance with maybe a few photos, also play on the "independent website owner". That may attract them over an unsolicited call.

"If you want a monkey pay peanuts" - they won't do much more than the boring bit unless you pay them.

I would personally try a letter in the first instance with maybe a few photos, also play on the "independent website owner". That may attract them over an unsolicited call.

You could be right, this particular niche seem to be extremely non-techy, emails to the vendors we have got, don't get read for a week and changing a photo is sometimes a chore to talk them through. So it wouldnt surprise me if snail mail would pip some attention. Thanks for the suggestion :).

One of those things that totally slips my mind now days ( snail mail )

You could be right, this particular niche seem to be extremely non-techy, emails to the vendors we have got don't get read for a week and changing a photo is sometimes a chore to talk them through. So it wouldnt surprise me if snail mail would pipped some attention. Thanks for the suggestion :).

One of those things that totally slips my mind now days ( snail mail )

Even better, hand write the envelope with the owners name. Do a really "sweet" letter perhaps even from a woman. Not to sound sexist but that shit works.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom