Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal tech-hub.london

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sorry all, it's me again.

I know I've put a few up here in the last week or so....it's just that it's all new to me and my lack of experience manifests itself as over-enthusiasm.

My opinion is that this is not valuable.

Why don't you explain to me why you think it is valuable? I have e-mail subscribed this thread and will provide more feedback if you reply.

Rgds

Chris

I wouldn't register tech-hub.co.uk, so I wouldn't register the .london version ..... now that I look .... no one has registered the co.uk!! I think that tells it's own story.

As others have said in the past to newcomers, stop registering domain, read the forum and keep an eye on the type of thing that is selling. Then and only then look at what kind of domains to buy with your money.

You're probably wasting money at the moment, but I think most people do when they start out in domains.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I do appreciate it.

My rationale, although probably flawed, was that a term that is hyphenated in normal usage could also be hyphenated in a domain name.

I’ve registered dot London domains where I think that the domain does exactly what it says on the can…….now I appreciate that the dot London may or may not take off…….another issue…….but I think that perhaps it is not as simple as saying if it would not be a marketable .co.uk domain it will not be a marketable .London domain.

Tech-hub.co.uk would be silly. However, as you all know, there is a recognised and growing ‘tech-hub (or techhub to keep all you anti- hyphen guys happy (just teasing) in London around Old Street. The phrase/term ‘tech-hub’ is used when describing the area and the businesses therein.

I have registered some .London domains without hyphens too, for example petstore.London, hgvhire.London, injurysolcitors.London (I think about 35 in total) just to prove that I don't always have-to-put-hyphen-in-everywhere.

Once again, I really do appreciate the comments….thanks all.

Registering 35 .london domains at this moment in time is extremely risky business, it is a completely brand new market and like any new market the best way to come into it is with caution. I could've given you a list of much some very nice aftermarket .com domains on GoDaddy for the price you've paid for 35 .london domains.. what a shame.

petstorelondon dot .co.uk and londonpetstore dot co.uk

are free to reg.

I would prefer either to the similar one you have registered.

petstore dot London

So you are not only hoping the new extension gets huge traction but that the alternatives, an already established extension, don't then exist as free to reg.

Longshot.

Hope this is helpful.

Tech-hub.co.uk would be silly. However, as you all know, there is a recognised and growing ‘tech-hub (or techhub to keep all you anti- hyphen guys happy (just teasing) in London around Old Street. The phrase/term ‘tech-hub’ is used when describing the area and the businesses therein.

There's just no strong business case for wanting to own the term tech-hub, whatever the extension.

Rgds

There's just no strong business case for wanting to own the term tech-hub, whatever the extension.

Rgds

I totally agree, if someone can explain how the term tech-hub could be monetized then I might snap up the .co uk!

I wasted a bit, no loads of money on domains in the beginning, and still make mistakes now, but I reg a 5th of what I used to. This is because i have learned form my mistakes and wild speculations.

For example even if you were to buy cheaphotels.london the chances are you would not be able to compete with the big online hotel companies so it is pretty worthless, in fact I wouldn't touch any hotel domains anymore, no matter what the extension.

For example even if you were to buy cheaphotels.london the chances are you would not be able to compete with the big online hotel companies so it is pretty worthless, in fact I wouldn't touch any hotel domains anymore, no matter what the extension.

As we all know, hotel domains won't just gift you no1 on Google anymore, you have to build a fantastic site and then you'll make money.

Rgds

Fantastic like Hotels in Bath? ;)

Er no ... that's a good example of an old site that is no longer good enough.

If I wanted to make money from this site I would have to:
- Go to Bath
- Make a video of cool stuff to do in Bath, get traffic
- Make a video of some of the hotels in Bath, get traffic
- Make some further creative videos about why to go on a hotel break, get traffic
- Make some videos of events that have happened in Bath, get traffic
- Do some publicity for my site with other media channels, get traffic

... and THEN I might start to make some money from my site. My point is you can't just whack up a site and expect to do well any more, but I still see potential in a good hotel site.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom