Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Stories.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is my Brother's domain name and we are curious to know what it is worth.

Thanks

Mat.

thread moved to the appraisals section

Have you been out in the sun too long again Lee :D

no, you seem happy enough when I do very good valuations of your domains, as others are, do you know how much money is involved in publishing houses? Get one of them interested and he's laughing, £30k plus domain, simple as that. Obviously there always needs to be a buyer, stories.co.uk come on, you're not telling me you'd sell that for £5k to an end user surely.

Lee

nice name but due to fairly limited usage, i'd say £3 - 7k end user.

5k end user - stories are hardly taking the internet by storm :mrgreen:

or book shop/ publisher might pick it up then maybe 8/10k..:confused:

still an ok domain though.

story.co.uk is better imho

no, you seem happy enough when I do very good valuations of your domains, as others are, do you know how much money is involved in publishing houses? Get one of them interested and he's laughing, £30k plus domain, simple as that. Obviously there always needs to be a buyer, stories.co.uk come on, you're not telling me you'd sell that for £5k to an end user surely.

Lee

Lee, I'm not having a go at you I just think you are way out on this one, nice name though but limited commercial potential IMHO.

Lee, I'm not having a go at you I just think you are way out on this one, nice name though but limited commercial potential IMHO.

Fair enough, considering all books will be online in the end and most downloadable to a news pc that you can read on trains or journeys, it could be subs based from a publishing house or simply a free service for writers to upload their stories and users view via subs etc etc or just a stand alone download service, loads of money.

£30k for a quick sale, could get more if lucky. always lucky if you get more. I think you're wrong in saying there's no money and the above idea is just the tip of any commercial potential. I only mentioned commercial potential as that's what you moved on to. The name alone I feel, speaks for itself.

Yes 100k is stretching it but there's a lot of money in publishing. Imagine authors and writers going direct to the consumer without seeing all their money stolen by a publishing house, it could be quite lucrative.

Fair enough, considering all books will be online in the end and most downloadable to a news pc that you can read on trains or journeys, it could be subs based from a publishing house or simply a free service for writers to upload their stories and users view via subs etc etc or just a stand alone download service, loads of money.

Yes 100k is stretching it but there's a lot of money in publishing. Imagine authors and writers going direct to the consumer without seeing all their money stolen by a publishing house, it could be quite lucrative.

Yeah, but what you are talking about is books or novels.

If I was to ask you what you were reading at the moment I would say, what book or maybe what novel, there's no way I would say what story/ies are you reading.

To me stories relate to kids and that's where I would see this domain being used by an end user. Although if it was me I would prefer kidsbooks.co.uk or childrensbooks.co.uk

As for value I have no idea I would guess Jonno would be closer to the real value tho, however, for what it's worth, I wouldn't pay much more than about £1k :)

Just my opinion Lee so don't take offence.

:) very nice domain........hold to it unless someone makes an offer that u cant deny......all the best

Imagine authors and writers going direct to the consumer without seeing all their money stolen by a publishing house, it could be quite lucrative.

This is pretty much what LULU does.

I do like the domain stories.co.uk and the sky is the limit for end users (with a bit of good luck) but I would say 3k reseller, 10k regular end user (if there is such a thing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom