Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Stays.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Stays.uk

Caught just the .uk version of stays yesterday.

Any thoughts on the domain as a good short name and value without the .co.uk

Cheers in advance

I think £1.2k+ would be a good sale.

It's nice and short and could be remembered, but perhaps doesn't have major brandability. Not bad but could be better I suppose.

Good luck with it.

Without the .co.uk this one is really a big 'no' from me.

Imo there is no chance whatsoever of getting £1200+ on a distinctly average .uk domain without its .co.uk counterpart.

"stays" as a phrase just isn't a good one really, is it? Combine that with not having the current 'real' extension and I wouldn't pay £100 for it.

I'd say you need to either sell to the .co.uk owner, or buy his. You're both holding something worthless unless you can get your heads together and come up with a deal.

Imo there is no chance whatsoever of getting £1200+ on a distinctly average .uk domain without its .co.uk counterpart.

Note I predict that the .uk will in time gain prominence over the .co.uk.

Rgds

I don't see much value without the .co.uk all my clients don't even want a .UK yet...

Sent from my Oneplus One

I'm still annoyed the .UK even exists.

edit: the domain extension, not the country :-D

As for this one, with the .co.uk maybe high £xxx. Without, as others have said, it depends how .UK is embraced in future.

I would take a low value punt without the .co.uk, but I think it'd be a really strong brandable with it.

Sorry £££ low tops - even then..

Sorry, wanted to say something positive about it :(

(I don't rate stays.com even though site on it.)

It's not that strong brand-wise. To be successful with it, it needs to be developed into a lifestyle weekend breaK type site. Instagram would be very helpful for marketing.

Rgds

Not to hand, but here's one article I just found:

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/237554?hootPostID=19c7121e8906bfd28a08ab3dd3fb42cf

I've not been on Instagram very long (@mrchrishigh), but really I've been a bit late to it and I can see there's big potential, particularly for niche marketing. I went to London Fashion Week recently, and e.g. fashion marketing works particularly well on Instagram and the fashion bloggers love it.

A photo is a lot quicker for the mind to process than words, and that's why photo blogging/sharing sites like Instagram are powerful. It's also really easy to upload content there because you can do it with a few taps on your mobile.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom