Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal startpage.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worth £35 pounds in my opinion.

I cant see any use for it at all, what did you have in mind for it?

I can think of a few uses, haven't checked saturation though.

It's not worth a great deal to a reseller but it's a nice name if you had development in mind :)

Searches done in August 2005
Count Search Term
994 mozilla page start
177 start page
101 trojan start page
74 fbb start page
55 start a web page
54 start page du.dll
51 trojan horse start page
43 remove trojan start page
37 earthlink start page
37 start up page

You should put it up as a way of people 'uploading' their first 'home made' webpage with templates etc...

It could be a way of getting first timers online fairly cheaply and easily. You should do it! A lot of people would like a service like that!

my idea would be to treat "page" as a generic like "web" and "net" etc which leaves you with "start"

then work on something that goes with start
"new start"
"business start"

start page is memorable enough, the graphics you use for the name will change how the visitor associates with the product.

as you can tell theres a lot of work required here for development - its not specific enough so i doubt the name value is much.

That's a fair idea.

I was thinking something along the lines of a "Start page/Home page"

That being, you can create a site which is like a UK portal, so people set that page as their "home page" (Every time you open your browser), it could be customised to the users preference, so it could contain things such a local news, local weather, time, personal calender/diary, perhaps web based email integration...a lot of work but most of the news stuff could be done through RSS from regional news sites etc.

Last edited:
That's a bloody good idea...personalised home/start pages...good one! DO IT! Make loads of money. Good Luck!

Thanks for comments / suggestions. Yes i have plan to develop it uk link directory and portal. :) like startpage.ca or something else.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom