Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal spoonidol.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

Uri Geller is bringing a new tv show to the uk. This is the quote from The Independant 2 days ago:

"Geller says that he is bringing a new reality TV show to the UK. The Successor - which will henceforth be known as Spoon Idol - has already run in the mentalist's native Israel.

At the opening of the new Alison Jacques Gallery on Berners St, Soho, Geller told Pandora: "We are now taking the show to England, where I will be the main judge and will be helped by three celebrity guests [he wouldn't discuss them], who will be the magicians' guinea pigs.

"I'm out to find the new Uri Geller. I'm looking for an astonishing, mesmerising and mind-blowing performer, rather than someone with genuine psychic ability."

I have purchased the following:

spoon-idol.co.uk

spoon-idol.com

spoonidol.co.uk

spoonidol.com

thesuccessor.co.uk

Comments please

God dont know whats worse a tv show about benders or these domain names.

What are you actually hoping for?

You've wasted your money on a show that will probaly be a big flop and you've brought domains that may get you into hot water with the show.

The show is going to be a farce and will only run for one series being a betting man and thinking uri geller and spoon benders.

£0.00 £.00 £0.00

Its a crap shoot. Good luck. No way to value them becaue they are speculative. Post again when/if the show goes on the air.

Also, hyphens are generally sh-t. If you've got the .com and the .co.uk of something, no need to reg the hyphenated version. JMHO :)

Good luck with them.

Hyphens do ok - just look at the sales list, crazyfrog got the type ins but we swapped around in the engines. It all depends what your immediate needs and market is and what your abilities are.

Yes all speculative but I should think even at this point the name of the show could cover the buy and go for £50, the producers might even post £250 without a second thought but you'd obviously ask for more, it depends what they're opting for and which channel it's going on. I can't seeing it being more than a channel five show so maybe just a subdomain.

But then again, both ITV and Channel 4 like their magic and the subsequent retainer rights to future artists might be worth a few bob to them.

thesuccessor is okish but these are reasonably for ebay rather than sells to experienced domain buyers/sellers or website owners.

Think I'm going to throw the tv out of the window if this show comes to national tv, hopefully it will be on sky which is why I got rid of it because of the same crap all the time.

Uri and Sharon Osborne

The show has been aired in Israel and was a real hit. I looked at Uri Gellers site and he is trying to get Sharon Osborne on side. I think this show will go out on ch4 or ITV,the brits love this kind of dross!:twisted:

Anything would be a hit in Irsael, if there not invading Palenstine then they have nothing too watch on TV.

I hear there releasing a show on painting and decorating, one week its blue, next week its red 30 weeks of 30 minute shows on paint drying.

Hopefully that wont come here either.

Hyphens do ok - just look at the sales list, crazyfrog got the type ins but we swapped around in the engines. It all depends what your immediate needs and market is and what your abilities are.
I agree in general Lee. See my signature for what I think is a good hyphen. That said, I think if you already have the non-hyphenated version, its not a naturally hyphenated word, and you are not creating a brand you want to monopolize, the hyphenated form is not that helpful. Sometimes people drive themselves crazy when they have a good idea and they start regging the plural, the hyphenated version, the abbreviation, other extensions, etc.

That said, you have been at this longer than me - so let me know if I have this wrong.

ships - be careful. If they want your domains they may not offer you money, you might just wake up to see everything that you own that is made of metal all twisted :-D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom