Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal spaceport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
spaceport co uk, what do people think?

With space tourism set to become a thing in the coming years do you think this one is a winner?.

Cheers

Was tempted myself by this one. Shame it's third in line to Spaceport.uk - should space tourism and .uk both happen in our lifetime.

In the here and now there's a visitor attraction in Merseyside that you'll draw some mistaken direct traffic from. Perhaps you could swap it for a lifetime ferry pass?

Quite interesting, IMO. In that category of file it away and see how quickly it actually becomes viable. Many risks of course, everything from domain names being replaced by some other means of categorization by then, to your name not being what they end up calling what you are referring to. But I think this one is good enough to hold as a possible future generic. Unlikely a buyer would come forward now and offer much of a premium.

Port is for harbours doesn’t make sense .There‘s also reason rockets, space shuttles take of from where they do can’t see that ever changing? Why would anyone spending billions not use a brand name?

Port is for harbours doesn’t make sense .There‘s also reason rockets, space shuttles take of from where they do can’t see that ever changing? Why would anyone spending billions not use a brand name?

By that logic though airport doesn't make sense.

A spaceport would be for space tourism.

By the time it becomes a "thing" though co.uk or domains in general might not hold their worth, as said above.

It's one I am more than happy to sit on though for the price of renewal.

By that logic though airport doesn't make sense.

A spaceport would be for space tourism.

By the time it becomes a "thing" though co.uk or domains in general might not hold their worth, as said above.

It's one I am more than happy to sit on though for the price of renewal.
That’s because of “airships”

There is a physical reason why they are located where they are, because at the equator there is less gravity. This means they can carry more into orbit. That fact will never change, as it's pure physics. What will change is the importance of weight on these vehicles. Eventually the costs and importance of payloads will diminish. My thinking is that they will just take off and land from airports, and will always be called airports.

My view on the domain is that it's value is more novelty, if you were spending £200k on a space flight you wouldn't book it on a generic domain. I would personally be booking with a brand.

The name has value and I would certainly keep it but not sure what I would do with it, in the same way that the people who own airport.co.uk don't seem to have a unique angle to use that.

Nice name though,

There is a physical reason why they are located where they are, because at the equator there is less gravity. This means they can carry more into orbit. That fact will never change, as it's pure physics. What will change is the importance of weight on these vehicles. Eventually the costs and importance of payloads will diminish. My thinking is that they will just take off and land from airports, and will always be called airports.

My view on the domain is that it's value is more novelty, if you were spending £200k on a space flight you wouldn't book it on a generic domain. I would personally be booking with a brand.

The name has value and I would certainly keep it but not sure what I would do with it, in the same way that the people who own airport.co.uk don't seem to have a unique angle to use that.

Nice name though,

Good points.

Scotland was talked about as a location for a spaceport, and some other places around the UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...owing-space-tourism-industry-say-experts.html

Not a trip I would want to go on personally, would be too scared :cool:

I don't think there's any doubt that "spaceport" is a good name.

Was I too cryptic when I said it was third in line for spaceport.uk?

Mersey Ferries own a visitor attraction called Spaceport, which is a pretend journey through space. They have the .org.uk - and they think Spaceport is a good name for somewhere you begin a space journey. Obviously that is at least in part because they are in a famous port city and you get there by ferry.

Someone else owns the .me.uk - looks like blue sky thinking from here.

And of course someone thinks the .com is worth having.

I would register TimePort but I expect someone will go back and register it before me.

Of course, the real money is in spaceportparking - .co.uk still FTR but .com gone.

Was I too cryptic when I said it was third in line for spaceport.uk?

.uk? this is news to me :rolleyes:

It's third in line under the current proposals for the release mechanism, which we don't know if it will be the actual release mechanism, if .uk even goes ahead at all (all though granted it probably will)

If .uk does go ahead and it is the release mechanism, who knows how it will affect co.uk? I would think for the foreseeable future if you are a brand and going to plump for using the .uk, you would want the co.uk too

But there are already 1000 post threads discussing this.

Maybe there is no point posting an appraisal thread until at very least September because it will turn into a .uk talk. Bloody nominet ;)

No, I expected you understood that stuff - the point I thought was missed is that 2 other entities in the UK like the name Spaceport. As the discussion here had turned to whether it was the right term and whether anyone in the UK would use the term, I thought it was worth saying again.

Definitely brandable and I think the domain could be used for other purposes than space travel.

Definitely a nice brandable name and certainly one to hold onto and hope for the best. I'd say the biggest issue is how many potential big bucks end users there are out there right now, or even in the foreseeable future... minute in the grand scheme of things. It'd be a massive stroke of luck if one of the future big players decides they wanted to brand as "Spaceport", but if they did, you could probably retire :D The next step down I guess will be space travel agencies, which will happen eventually and will be another fruitful market for domainers. For the cost of renewals, just hold it and keep dangling it.

Definitely brandable and I think the domain could be used for other purposes than space travel.

external storage device manufacturer.

cloud hoster

online back up

A really easy name to remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom