Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal SmartphoneReviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
.co.uk. Caught today.

Struggling to value this one as it isn't my area of expertise.

5400 local exacts
£1.93 CPC

My gut says at least mid £££, possibly low ££££ reseller. About right?

Your views/thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Funny, I was looking for a smartphone review domain a few weeks ago (FTR) but couldn't find any decent ones.

Im not sure if it's worth anything but is it bad enough to be ditched?

I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I would ditch it.

Decent Catch £100 offer if your looking to sell

Would kind of like an explanation from binny as the numbers stack up for mid xxx.

To me the term smart phone which has been around for a while now, is temporarily of little use.

People who get lots of phones tend to know the players and can find out info by doing a quick search. It's either an iPhone, blackberry or something their operator or local dealer is pushing.

But as things develop and the likes of Nokia start catching up again. I reckon the need for a site like smartphone reviews will soar.

Let's be honest. Most people want an iPhone. The kids who have blackberrys would really rather have an iPhone the mums aunties and uncles probably in the majority too.

But soon when people start abandoning apple, and it will come as people have tried to pull away but the slickness apple offer keeps them with an iPhone. That's when smart phone reviews will be needed big time.

Imagine all the apple users out there who are offered the same monthly payment say on orange with free music. Free sky and free sat nav etc for less per month. Even these savvy users will need lots of information and smartphone reviews I think will do well.

Agree with most of what Caz said - apart from the iphone bit.

The thinking amongst branding people is that iphones definitely have a shelf life.

Kids are currently using blackberrys because we think iphones are cool - we're not cool to them, so neither are iphones.

My contract on my Blackberry is up soon and I've actually been looking at a lot of smartphone reviews so can definitely see the potential in such a site.

Blackberry users are looking at other manufacturers due to RIM's recent problems and the Iphone isn't as dominate as it once was, the Samsung SII is selling just as well, and there are plenty of other Android phones coming up on the rails.

Agree with most of what Caz said - apart from the iphone bit.

The thinking amongst branding people is that iphones definitely have a shelf life.

Kids are currently using blackberrys because we think iphones are cool - we're not cool to them, so neither are iphones.

If branding people think it then I must be right.

Kids use them as they are cheaper. Yes some may say it's cooler. But it was only the messaging prior to the iPhone that made them cool.

iPhone is clearly the most desirable as all the smartphone manufacturers know.

The 3GS generation who had mainly been the iPhone , iPhone 3G users also would have on mass moved if there was any real alternative. The iPhone 4s although faster and the reported Iphone 5 features are hardly enough to keep it going.

With the new iPhone and iPad maybe having a carbon fibre case it just shows that the iPhone range will soon be many. Not like Nokia but in a few years there will be several apple phones at a time to choose from.

This is the point when Nokia and the others will start to grab some market share back.

Well let's hope so anyway lol

Apple are maybe including the close proximity system in the new iPad and iPhone. If say a cool phone like the Samsung had this and the payments system built in I reckon they could steal some business.

But if apple get it an we can all pay for McDonald's with our mobiles by simply pressing agree or swiping it past a fob they will be way out for a few years yet.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input everyone.

Some interesting numbers here in relation to smartphone market share...

---

In profit share worldwide smartphones now far exceed the share of non-smartphones. According to a November 2011 research note from Canaccord Genuity, Apple Inc. holds 52% of the total mobile industry's operating profits, while only holding 4.2% of the global handset market. HTC and RIM similarly only make smartphones and their wordwide profit shares are at 9% and 7%, respectively. Samsung, in second place after Apple at 29%, makes both smartphones and feature phones and doesn't report a breakdown separating their profits between the two kinds of devices, but it can be intuited that a significant portion of that profit comes from their flagship smartphone devices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone

---

It is far from an iPhone only world now and with increased competition and better available handsets, I assume their current market share will stay the same at best, or dwindle.

Me personally, I specifically didn't want an iphone, and ended up with a HTC.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom