Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Size.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

What do you guys think of Size.org.uk? I know it's not a co.uk but it has over 300.000 exact and it might even suit the org.uk. I'm thinking Cosmetic Surgery for women or man. Or even shopping site with the exact it has. Thanks for the opinions in advance.

It's not size that matters , it's what you do with it. ;)

:) Well I'm not sure if I want to do anything with it, other than finding a buyer.

Hi,

What do you guys think of Size.org.uk? I know it's not a co.uk but it has over 300.000 exact and it might even suit the org.uk. I'm thinking Cosmetic Surgery for women or man. Or even shopping site with the exact it has. Thanks for the opinions in advance.

I would forget the shopping / exact match figures angle.

There is no commercial intent in the word 'size' so nobody is going to try and rank for it. Which only really leaves you with the 'brandable' angle left. Given its a .org.uk you're pretty much stuck with charities or non profits or something and I don't really see that phrase fitting well there.

I don't think the domain has any value at all unfortunately.

I think if someone is looking for size, they're probably looking for either shoes or clothing. That's might not be their first goal when they search the word size, but it's almost for sure is their reason. I guess that's why JD owns size.co.uk. I know .co.uk worth much more but I don't think the org.uk is worthless. But thanks anyway...

I think if someone is looking for size, they're probably looking for either shoes or clothing. That's might not be their first goal when they search the word size, but it's almost for sure is their reason. I guess that's why JD owns size.co.uk. I know .co.uk worth much more but I don't think the org.uk is worthless. But thanks anyway...

Do you realise how much money it would cost to rank for 'size'?

Given there is already a clothes brand on size.co.uk you're facing mission impossible here - you could never rank 1st for it and the phrase is untargeted anyway. If you did build a brand on it you'd lose most of your type ins to size.co.uk. (or size.uk when it launches and 301's to the .co.uk)

Developing this is a clothing merchant is a non starter. I would suggest looking at other angles to sell it.... with the warning that working to sell this domain likely ends in you taking home < minimum wage for the time invested into it.

Its not just who owns the other cctlds and TLd's also look at what are they doing with them? How long they have had them? Some companies are able to through millions in promoting, advertising have a large client base etc can use any word ?, They may have been potential buyer but they already have name in the cctld they want?

Search the word see who is paying for adds etc yes it could be clothing , footwear, diets, postage, stat’s etc but you need to find someone who shares the belief, wants the extension, Has the money??? E.g. the net been for sale with no sniffs at 3k possibly an indicator of how many share the vision of its commercial viability also why it was free to reg.

Personal don’t see any business investing what would be needed in a org.uk even if you take out the “uk” situation.

Last edited:
Like most of the people who have replied I can't really see any real commercial companies looking to buy this domain. That leaves a very very small percentage of potential buyers. Maybe only a few %.
With a .org.uk extension then you are left with charity or non-profits. Are there any potential buyers in there?

With my marketing hat on, and with my glass half full you could think along the following lines:

In the UK there is a growing problem with obesity etc etc. You only have to see the number of new documentaries on TV showing more and more people getting gastric bypass surgery etc etc.

I could see a site (government backed) advertising along the lines:
"Size Does Matter - Learn to live a healthier life today and lose weight..." "Visit www(dot)Size.org.uk today for more information...."

You can make a 'sales' case for any domain to try and attract a potential buyer but finding that 1-2% who share that vision (And mine is stretching it to the limits.) is very hard. And I think your domain is no exception.

mspesti said:
I think if someone is looking for size, they're probably looking for either shoes or clothing.

yes, but from the brand on the co.uk.. not in general, they're looking specifically for the brand "size?"

"Size" as just a four letter word means absolutely nothing as a search term.

This should of been an easy one for you to value yourself with just a logical train of thought.

Last edited:
Have you contacted JD about buying it off you at a reasonable price?

If no reply then let it drop would be my view

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom